Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

I think you'd go a long way to beat this:

122069564_Victoriaontheloo!.jpg.54d4891fe94c3c3b5f2681cd6bdf2ddd.jpg

Ah, that is one of my favourites! I would love to get hold of one.

The other one I watch out for is the evasion halfpenny with Britannia bare-breasted.

 

  • Like 2
Posted
7 hours ago, Paddy said:

Ah, that is one of my favourites! I would love to get hold of one.

The other one I watch out for is the evasion halfpenny with Britannia bare-breasted.

I'm tempted by the Soho pattern halfpenny of a topless Britannia.

 

Posted
23 hours ago, Iannich48 said:

Well at least it has an 'H'. Just imagine if it did not...

It's Edward VII's first pattern penny. His only young head!

There was a 1901 similarly tooled also smoking which was ex Peck (Feb 1972 SNC).

Posted
On 4/4/2021 at 9:11 AM, Paddy said:

Just this one in - I find these engraved portrait coins interesting, though it seems a shame that a rather nice 1882H Penny got adulterated in the process!

1028967926_1882HDengraved1-side.thumb.JPG.901fbf37c47ba1dce7b1aeda13c96138.JPG

It's nicely done, but I would prefer "no cigar". 

Posted
3 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

Yours Rob, or for sale?

Mine. Ticks the Peck R13 box. It was one of those sold by the Boulton family 15 or so years ago.

  • Like 1
Posted
4 hours ago, alfnail said:

Anyone else watching the 1862 8/6 which was on ebay for 5 days, with two low bids, and then mysteriously disappeared?

No, missed that! What was it like, any link?

Jerry

Posted
On 4/4/2021 at 12:52 AM, Rob said:

Many of these collections named other than the person involved contain an oblique reference related to the collector or where they live(d). e.g. North Yorkshire Moors - he worked there at some point. Slaney, middle name of the person who put the collection together. Alderley and Cheshire collection - they live there. etc etc. To throw people off the scent, I shall name my collection the 'Oddball Collection' given its eclectic character. ;)

 

I imagine many collectors do not want their address known as they might have another collection of valueable stuff ie Moorecroft , crystal , guns etc .

It really is very foolish to potentially let the world know your house is full of lovely stuff to pinch.

Posted
10 hours ago, alfnail said:

Anyone else watching the 1862 8/6 which was on ebay for 5 days, with two low bids, and then mysteriously disappeared?

Missed that , but I was keeping an eye on an 1860 missing colons which vanished as well .

Posted (edited)

Typo

Edited by jelida
Posted
48 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

Missed that , but I was keeping an eye on an 1860 missing colons which vanished as well .

Maybe the vendor, who is a forum member, will note your interest.

Jerry

Posted
1 hour ago, jelida said:

Maybe the vendor, who is a forum member, will note your interest.

Jerry

Didn't know it was a member . I like to keep a watch on these sort of things .Even if it is just to find out how much they end up going  for .(usually well outwith my budget lol )

Posted
9 hours ago, jelida said:

No, missed that! What was it like, any link?

Jerry

If it's the one I saw, not too clever, I'm afraid. Very worn. Poor.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
3 hours ago, Zo Arms said:

Just a quick question. Would this be considered to be an open 3?

Bottom looks right but top is not as open as Freeman's illustration.

Bob.

IMG_20210503_225055.jpg

In my opinion, that is not a open 3. The bottom of the 3 curls upward too much.

Posted
4 hours ago, RLC35 said:

In my opinion, that is not a open 3. The bottom of the 3 curls upward too much.

You are correct Bob its not an open 3 both the top and bottom are not right and just a normal one.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...