Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

HistoricCoinage

Coin Dealer
  • Posts

    1,771
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Everything posted by HistoricCoinage

  1. That is a stunning portrait and some brilliant photography.
  2. The postman was good to me today. Not one, but two!
  3. They have both prices realised and archived lots. Be sure to click on Advanced Search to the right and then select Past Auctions.
  4. Provenance has a differing level of importance to different people. If a coin I buy has provenance then it's an added bonus and I would have bought it anyway. Although a coin that has provenance dating back to 1786 isn't bad.
  5. I have one of the Petition Crown which was another year's puzzle and cover coin.
  6. I believe each year had a puzzle of its cover coin.
  7. These are given out by Spink with their SCBC. They're good fun. Do you know which years? I have three of their SCBC books (1997, 2004, 2011) and none came with a jigsaw. From memory they started it in 2011 (or maybe 2010). The book came with a postcard that you had to send off to get a jigsaw. They might have stopped it once supply ran out.
  8. These are given out by Spink with their SCBC. They're good fun.
  9. Most certainly! I don't tend to include grades in my description as it all differs from person to person. I'd be more than happy to help.
  10. Last attempt..... one side of the coin only.....see if that works! No it doesn't....file size is 2.43 mb so I give up. Haven't a clue how to resize. I am not normally a defeatist, but I have had enough today. Thanks anyway x Try posting a link from a website such as Tinypic or Photobucket.
  11. I was admiring your Annes, too.
  12. Class 9s are typically understood to have been minted between 1299 and 1301.
  13. Toshgirl, Sorry to learn of your loss. Peckris has given you some very good advice. Whereabouts are you based? I'm sure one of us might be able to lend you a pair of eyes if it really is making you scream. Kindest regards, Clive.
  14. Here's the coin.
  15. Look familiar?
  16. There is a huge ring of sellers in Ireland who are selling known fakes to the UK audience. Please be wary at the best of times, especially of English hammered coins located in Ireland on eBay.
  17. Happy birthday, good sir! I hope you're enjoying yourself unsuitably!
  18. As a young child I remember my father returning home from a long day at work and letting me sort through his wallet and exchange a few coins or, if he was in a good mood, let me take a few and store away in my little box of coins. Ever since then I've never lost the bug, it's just been eating away at me and my finances! As for the star coin of my collections, I really cannot choose. When you've got a unique coin or a coin that is the only example in private hands it's a wonderful feeling. The joys of hammered, I suppose. That and the joys of spending endless hours researching.
  19. As these seem only to be found on Tudor and Stuart coinage may I suggest that these marks were to test the coin due to the uncertainty of hammered silver when milled began to be circulated alongside? There's a good hundred or so year gap between this coin and the Great Recoinage. Just a thought, but probably wrong.
  20. Doesn't at all surprise me but I'm glad to hear you were drinking tea at the time. Still keeping the British theme.
  21. I like this very much. Did you buy this to sell?
×
×
  • Create New...