PWA 1967 Posted May 15, 2024 Posted May 15, 2024 Another decent 1915 Recessed ear purchased not attributed and dont see many in grade. 5 Quote
PWA 1967 Posted May 15, 2024 Posted May 15, 2024 Yes Peck ,i sold this one recently that was the best i have seen ,pictured in a slab. 2 Quote
alfnail Posted May 22, 2024 Posted May 22, 2024 Came across this 1859 penny with quite interesting repairs to all the reverse R's 4 Quote
terrysoldpennies Posted June 7, 2024 Posted June 7, 2024 I thought this 1926 ME I picked up recently for £250 was quite a lucky find. 7 Quote
secret santa Posted June 9, 2024 Posted June 9, 2024 I haven't bought much lately but I did get this from the Sovereign Rarities auction - unusual wide date. 8 Quote
Coinery Posted June 11, 2024 Posted June 11, 2024 Just picked this 1861 penny up…is it 8/6 or just wishful thinking? Quote
Martinminerva Posted June 11, 2024 Posted June 11, 2024 Wishful thinking, I'm afraid. The 8 over 6 type is very clear as can be seen below (courtesy of Richard's penny website). Having said that, yours has signs of doubled entry/strengthening on the 1 and the 6 of the date, so the 8 too might have had work done... 2 Quote
Coinery Posted June 11, 2024 Posted June 11, 2024 Ah, ok, many thanks for that…was looking on Richard’s site, too, but didn’t see that example! Quote
Peckris 2 Posted June 11, 2024 Posted June 11, 2024 On 6/7/2024 at 1:22 PM, terrysoldpennies said: I thought this 1926 ME I picked up recently for £250 was quite a lucky find. Very good find! This is my best example, bought from Colin Cooke for £39 in the 90s: 4 Quote
PWA 1967 Posted June 21, 2024 Posted June 21, 2024 Quite a few pennies in the next Baldwin Auction 10 th July. https://baldwins.co/en-GB/auction/4fa31230-eb64-45de-84b3-426f855b3607?department=BDW#/auctions 2 Quote
PWA 1967 Posted June 24, 2024 Posted June 24, 2024 1937 Proof and nice clear example of a missing waves. 6 Quote
Kipster Posted June 26, 2024 Posted June 26, 2024 I see the 1952 proof penny has popped up for auction in the Auction World sale on 13th/24th July. Starting at 5,000,000 Yen... 2 Quote
PWA 1967 Posted June 26, 2024 Posted June 26, 2024 (edited) 2 hours ago, Kipster said: I see the 1952 proof penny has popped up for auction in the Auction World sale on 13th/24th July. Starting at 5,000,000 Yen... Can you put a link up please and is 5,000.000 Yen about £24K as if so that seems way to cheap ,they are not going to sell it for that. Or have i worked the price out wrong 😀 Edited June 26, 2024 by PWA 1967 1 Quote
Kipster Posted June 26, 2024 Posted June 26, 2024 Here it is: https://www.auction-world.co/goods-detail.html?id=146369&siteId=0 And £24k is about what it works out at. A come and get involved starter bid 1 1 Quote
PWA 1967 Posted June 26, 2024 Posted June 26, 2024 (edited) 54 minutes ago, Kipster said: Here it is: https://www.auction-world.co/goods-detail.html?id=146369&siteId=0 And £24k is about what it works out at. A come and get involved starter bid Yes it was £100K more expensive a few years ago and been for sale since with offers. Daft starting it so low and just wastes people time IMO 😀 Edited June 26, 2024 by PWA 1967 Quote
Kipster Posted June 26, 2024 Posted June 26, 2024 I'll give it a miss I think, the arse is hanging out of my trousers right now. Quote
Iannich48 Posted June 26, 2024 Posted June 26, 2024 1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said: Yes it was £100K more expensive a few years ago and been for sale since with offers. Daft starting it so low and just wastes people time IMO 😀 Then when it sells for 30,000,000 yen they will say that it went for way over it's estimate. 1 Quote
terrysoldpennies Posted June 27, 2024 Posted June 27, 2024 1945 Tripled 9 penny and a 9 over 9 Both these coins came up for sale with the same seller, advertised as 9 over 9s , but on closer inspection one turned out to be a a triple 9 . David J Groom lists a tripled 9 type, but as far as I know its not listed by Gouby ? . Anyway I personally have never seen a picture of one , Groom lists it as ex rare . The first picture In close up is the Tripled 9 . Second close up picture has indicators of the three 9s . No1 is the top and bottom of the first 9 , No2 is the bottom and right side of the second 9 , and No3 is the normal 9 . It also appears to have a 4 over 4 . Below is the 9 over 9 Gouby Bb 2 Quote
Peckris 2 Posted June 27, 2024 Posted June 27, 2024 On 6/26/2024 at 7:56 PM, Kipster said: Here it is: https://www.auction-world.co/goods-detail.html?id=146369&siteId=0 And £24k is about what it works out at. A come and get involved starter bid 現在の価格 translates to "current price" which may be Japan auction speak for "starting bid". Yes, that's way too low, but I wonder why it's being auctioned over there anyway? Quote
PWA 1967 Posted June 28, 2024 Posted June 28, 2024 6 hours ago, Peckris 2 said: 現在の価格 translates to "current price" which may be Japan auction speak for "starting bid". Yes, that's way too low, but I wonder why it's being auctioned over there anyway? I would guess sovereign rarities sold it to someone in japan ,maybe even the auctioneer. It makes more sense to me than if someone in the UK had bought it. Quote
martinross44 Posted June 28, 2024 Posted June 28, 2024 Would anyone have up-to-date population figures on the 1860 Gouby A/B Freeman 1**+B (BP1860A/F763)? Last info I can find is from a 2020 auction where they are quoting 10 known examples Quote
Paddy Posted June 28, 2024 Posted June 28, 2024 (edited) I don't know if anyone has definitive figures, but I have one, so it can't be that rare! 🙂 The rarest pennies site shows two examples, neither of them mine. Edited June 28, 2024 by Paddy Added info Quote
martinross44 Posted June 28, 2024 Posted June 28, 2024 Well if anyone is keeping a tally, I found one today 😂 Quote
secret santa Posted June 28, 2024 Posted June 28, 2024 I suspect that there are around 50-100 examples. I stopped recording them coming to market several years ago. 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.