Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
Posted

He seems to have plenty of 'washers' priced between £500 and £5,000 for sale.  The worrying thing is that he's got 100% positive feedback from 3 actual sales!!

  • Haha 1
Posted

He's also got a "very rare" Churchill Crown! What's especially scary are the prices many sellers are asking for these...

  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Can anyone in the know drop a message to this seller. They are having none of it that it's a King John class 5 coin of Lvkas at Winchester mint who only struck class 5b - 5c at that mint.

Telling me it's been verified by 3 different independent experts including Neil at Baldwins. 

Saying it has no sceptre to me. I've highlighted it has and pointed out what a cross pommee is but they are adamant it is what they are claiming it is because Neil sold them it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/406494749946

 

Good luck. Have fun :)

Edited by Ukstu
Posted
2 hours ago, terrysoldpennies said:

Well you know what they say ,  QUALITY ALWAYS SELLS !

For scrap value yes

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Not my area, but I would agree. Leaving aside the details on the coin there are two other red flags: Brand new seller - this is his first sale; he has excluded the supposed grading details from the picture. Shows enough to make you think it has been officially graded but no company or registration info included.

I hope no one falls for it.

 

Posted (edited)

I think when the message comes up like that it is because the lot has been withdrawn or cancelled by Ebay. If it had sold it would show in the sold listings.

I hope that is the case!

 

Edited by Paddy
typo
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted
9 hours ago, Coinery said:

They’re going to ruin that 100% positive feedback with that 😆

Can also clearly see the 'WRL' on the reverse. Westair Reproductions Ltd, I think. They make replicas for museum gift shops etc and they always have WRL stamped on them.

  • Like 2
Posted
51 minutes ago, Chris Perkins said:

Can also clearly see the 'WRL' on the reverse. Westair Reproductions Ltd, I think. They make replicas for museum gift shops etc and they always have WRL stamped on them.

I messaged the seller to tell them exactly that. No response, and the listing stands.

  • Like 1
Posted

Yup. Saw a seller the other day with a Rare! Silver! 1953 coronation crown for £669.66/$895. I told him in case it was innocent but it's still there. 

Posted

Having said that, they, themselves, appear to have little or no idea about whether it’s a novelty replica of a crown OR a shilling? 🤷‍♂️

Posted
On 3/26/2026 at 10:32 AM, Chris Perkins said:

Can also clearly see the 'WRL' on the reverse. Westair Reproductions Ltd, I think. They make replicas for museum gift shops etc and they always have WRL stamped on them.

You've better eyesight than me then! I was looking hard for just that but couldn't see it... 

Posted
7 hours ago, Peckris 2 said:

You've better eyesight than me then! I was looking hard for just that but couldn't see it... 

WRL-02.thumb.jpg.d90ec573f7369d9aeade49327c481e13.jpg

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...