Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Nonmortuus

Accomplished Collector
  • Posts

    1,028
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    93

Everything posted by Nonmortuus

  1. I would say it's Aef? Maybe ef? Some wear on highest points but has bags of eye appeal.
  2. Nonmortuus

    10p a-z

    After not seeing one in my change I bought a set to store away a while back.
  3. Join the queue!! 😁
  4. How the heck did they do that?!?
  5. I picked up a lot today as well
  6. Do yourself a website on wordpress. Extremely easy to do and as long as you remember to upload the photos you can keep track and compare grades etc of what you have v what's on offer. Mind it won't stop you buying duplicates. I have 3 x 1911 and 5 x 1923 half crowns.... www.noncoins.wordpress.com Is mine and is really useful at the coin fairs.
  7. Thanks! I wish that was really the case, I am still make regular mistakes, normally spur of the moment purchases. I really need to try and curb my spending and focus in on 1 or 2 particular coins to fill type gaps in higher grades.
  8. Struggling to get them in focus but my 1829 Maundy set:
  9. I would be interested to know when NGC finally start slabbing at Spink.
  10. That's fair enough. I can only talk about my experience but in the past 'bright' has meant dipped or cleaned in some way. I remember when I joined this forums I was advised as such. Michael is a very reputable dealer so I don't envisage you having any issues.
  11. I work for an Oracle partner, mainly focused on Unix and Linux. Also partnered with NetApp, VMware, Dell, HPE, Lenovo, Veeam, Cisco, AWS, Microsoft, Azure etc etc. Been here a long time now, were small but very good at what we do around Unix.
  12. Still working in IT selling hardware and managed services.
  13. I agree with Rob. You would expect the out gassing to reduce over time so if the cabinet is question is made from freshly cut and dried oak I would imagine it would have more of an impact than a cabinet that's a 100 years plus old.
  14. I believe the tannins in oak, as an example, turn silver black Pete.
  15. Talking about the Midland a few dealers do accept card but cash is king. If you can turn up with notes you always stand a fair better chance of agreeing on a price you both find acceptable.
  16. Get the slab on a hard surface and one firm but not hard hammer blow to the top of the slab will usually crack it enough for you to safely remove the coin. I don't mind slabs at all but have had to remove a few that have had a spot of verd develop post slabbing.
  17. Martin is a good guy. I have only bought one off him so far but I was more than happy with it.
×
×
  • Create New...