Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

copper123

Coin Hoarder
  • Posts

    4,019
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    122

Everything posted by copper123

  1. Edward VIII pennies ? I thought only about 4 exist
  2. They definately were circulateing coins - halfpennies of this period often had where they could be redeamed on the edge . By the way i really hope Isacc Newton never looked like pinochio's dad as thui coin seems to surgest This farthing does not have this information , therefore making it a bit more questionable as curency - there again practically every other copper coin in circulation at the time was either a fake / evasion/or token . In the end the public at the time not being too bothered about what was in their pocket their main main worry was who could they pass the coins on too for full face value. The north and south wales farthings produced in huge quantities look like they might have been produced by the same maker
  3. Newton fake yes, contemp made to decieve the public , never to be redeamed
  4. What sort of grade was the 1862 ? Anything above fine is very rare
  5. I imagine many collectors do not want their address known as they might have another collection of valueable stuff ie Moorecroft , crystal , guns etc . It really is very foolish to potentially let the world know your house is full of lovely stuff to pinch.
  6. It does but really low grade so you would have to convince the buyer it is - good luck!
  7. Give me the boot , LOL
  8. Well it would be nice if a metal detector was never used for criminal purposes. It would also be great if the same could be said of knives. To be fair 95% of metal detectorists stay on the legal side - this is only a guess but I would guess probably not far out there are ALWAYS non - conformists everywhere where there is money at stake
  9. The point is its illegal to hunt on land WITHOUT permision .
  10. Having a penis means you can be charged with being a potential rapist then>
  11. I think there has to be an agreement with a land owner as well or else the coin detecting is considered theft
  12. I think its more like intent to find a hoard, nobody knows where a hoard is (unless its in a museum)! Or maybe intent to loot finds and not declare them .
  13. Yes its really just a guess as to what actually happened , everyone who might have recorded anything is dead long ago . Very interesting though and just shows the plans of mice and men ............
  14. This interests me as well , you often find farthings and halfpennies and pennies very worn from the mid 1850s to 1859 , I know copper is a lot softer than bronze but really I suspect many coins must have been accepted at face value probably until the late 1870's . I dont think this is an unreasonable thing to the public to do after all these coins had quite a worth of copper in them . I strongly think this might have happened though it might have only been acceptable in the big citties of the time ,London , Birmingham, etc.
  15. This would have been easy if those dark age folks had learned to read and write , how lazy of them
  16. I was expecting a post about barcelona FC from looking at the title
  17. Impressive place have been to a couple of antique and collectors fairs there, and it really is a great place to visit
  18. A-UNC and NEF from me second is in similar grade really but less desireable due to week strike and stains
  19. These five farthings are currently on sale for a bargain £149 pounds for the lot - personally I would not give a fiver for the lot
  20. Something from china that will make everyone laugh Esp marleybob in a workshop at the moment bending this and trying to make it look old. What a fu king rare coin
  21. The mary rose £2 is another
×
×
  • Create New...