Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

copper123

Coin Hoarder
  • Posts

    4,019
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    122

Everything posted by copper123

  1. Matt explains to the press "It's bigger than you think"
  2. I missed this newspaper headline - I surpose he had the affair to prove everyone wrong......
  3. I would like to point out that as well as large and small dates on pennies towards the end of the copper series , they also exist on half pennies and farthings . The penny itself is a much more complicated series than the halfpenny or farthing with 1858 being the most complex
  4. You might and I say just might find coins to sell on local car bootsales (Good luck finding anything decent) or a better way might be local antique and collectors fairs and even summer markets if antiques change hands . Fully agree that books should be your first choice for any spare cash
  5. As far as coin dealing goes I would surgest don't bother , its nice someone young has an interest but I would strongly surgest its not a good way or an easy way to make a living you will need a lot of luck and working for someone else might be a better idea
  6. None lethal at least they can be a bit of a pest at times but they do make the garden a better place as far as I am concerned. P.s. They are quite cleaver as well and I cannot see that catapult working more than a couple of times on them - they do learn.
  7. Not a permanant as death as well - they obviously dont like the skovel scale
  8. Mine's to fat and old as well , always has a go though
  9. Tree rats can be legally shot as they are not a native species
  10. Many badgers also have take a likeing to dafs in many parts of the country . Badgers can shift a serious amount of lawn if they take a likeing to the dafs in it . A lawn can be totally ruined in a night . Theres no a thing you can do about it apart from starting to breed cows on your lawn then claim to be a farmer and legally shoot them
  11. Broke his own car window , yeer right asif
  12. well its rarer than a puddle duck
  13. I think the main thing here is what really did this couple expect for their money - this place has always had a bad rep. and since pontins sold it to probably the worst hotel group in the country (britannia) which owns some hanging hotels ( the norbreck castle in blackpool comes to mind). They are not charging much for a rapidly disapearing resorce so you are not exactly going to have a holiday in bali . The security guard is also not there to police the customers - if any customer is upset about illegal goings on report it to the police ,( expect a good kickin' as you leave the park though}.
  14. The holidaymaker should have checked out the reviews on tripadvisor as well - holiday heaven is not made in butlins southport Bring the anti ant spray as well - the only place in the uk that I have heard of that has a problem with them.
  15. Personally if it was me I would tell the holidaymaker to see his employer and possably check out his employment contract - that should get rid of them
  16. After a holidaymaker complained to a security guard in pontins southport The security guard on duty ‘refused to do anything’ because he said it ‘wasn’t his job’, the furious holiday-maker claims. Michelle said: ‘Drugs were freely being smoked everywhere you turned, kids were running wild until the early hours. ‘Parents were p***ed up, no masks were being worn, bottles of spirits were being brought into the park and drank in the entertainment area on clear show. ‘The door guard didn’t have a badge and refused to deal with the weed. He said it wasn’t his job. So I asked “what is your job then?” to which he replied “clearly a better job than you because I don’t have my holidays in Pontins”.’
  17. Just picked out a Isacc newton 2017 out of my change 1800 000 mintage - nice one eh , mint grade as well
  18. The bend in it puts me off putting a bid in
  19. They will be turning it over and putting their knee on its neck . Note who they use latex gloves as well easy to throw away so nobody to blame , surely they are not afraid of catching covid off it
  20. I always thought keith was into bourbon big time in geezer butler's book hes always on about it , all those long american tours i surpose
  21. that 1856 farthing discribed as A/Unc looks like it's been covered in gilt as well
  22. Keith moon a top coin grader ? I thought hes having a party with freddie mercury and john bonham .
  23. Northern ireland apparently
×
×
  • Create New...