Yep - I think it is a 150. Would love to take it out for a spin. Edit: But know I could get a fair few coins in the upcoming Spink auction for that sort of money...
I'm fortunate enough that quite a few people in my home village have some classics, so I snap a few photos when I see them. I'm also partial to doing some window shopping in the local dealer's.
Often it's the case where they appear as genuine and then flood the forum with links to other sites in order to increase search rankings. One of the infamous automated scripts for this that is absurdly effective in many cases is XRumer - here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XRumer
This is at the BM now. Some more links: http://finds.org.uk/news/story/266 https://vine.co/v/OUtHE3zm6z2 Also had an Agnus Dei - I've handled a few in my time but few as good as this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lmdb78tcmot9ktt/AABAaUUp6HXXhTEBB9IgRvQwa?dl=0#lh:null-Lenborough%20coin%20Agnus%20Dei.jpg
I've got trays of Henry IIIs as it is what I started with in the hammered series. Will try and get some images as I don't have access to them at present. Here's a teaser.
I built up a complete mint run of his longcross pennies, mostly in high grade quite easily so it's definitely achievable! As you say, some of the rarer classes will be more of a struggle. Keep us updated as this is an area I really do enjoy.
I emailed the guy and he admitted it was a replica, so lowered the price from £90...to £30. If we could all email him, that'd be great - as some naive sod has bid: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/jbro80005/m.html?item=181637523237&hash=item2a4a70a725&pt=UK_Coins_BritishHammered_RL&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
Apologies if posted here before. It seems as if people are attempting to resell the Battle of Britain 50p coins at much higher prices and claiming it's an error for not having a mark of value on: "the first time since Philip and Mary"... e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-UK-50p-coin-pack-75th-Anniversary-of-the-BATTLE-of-Britain-MINT-ERROR-/181633931761 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Battle-of-Britain-Brilliant-Uncirculated-50p-No-Mark-of-Value-Read-on-/301462978933