British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Is I me or are others having probs with the site at the mo?

It's not just you. The site has been down for 48 hours here. I spoke to Chris yesterday and he knew about the problems and was working on it.

It's not just you. The site has been down for 48 hours here. I spoke to Chris yesterday and he knew about the problems and was working on it.

I'm glad it's back (after a fashion). You only realise how much you use it once it's not there!

I'm glad it's back (after a fashion). You only realise how much you use it once it's not there!

Another addict? :)

Certainly missed here. As you say, it's not quite sorted but I'm sure Chris is on the case.

Certainly missed here. As you say, it's not quite sorted but I'm sure Chris is on the case.

I had never seen this site down...but I couldn't sign in, or re-register! I wondered was everyone having the problem, or just me! Glad to see the site back up.

Go Chris go. ;)

Yes, the forum software is still not running right on my app. either. Now I think about it, it's been tempermental for 3 or 4weeks, fingers crossed for a fix...even though I haven't got time for this great pastime at the minute!

Still can't resist a quick check-in, though! ;)

Yes, the forum software is still not running right on my app. either. Now I think about it, it's been tempermental for 3 or 4weeks, fingers crossed for a fix...even though I haven't got time for this great pastime at the minute!

Still can't resist a quick check-in, though! ;)

I'm only logged in because I used Firefox. My regular button on Safari doesn't work - I'm told my login (which I don't normally have to do) was successful, but having returned me to the forums, the 'Sign in' button is still there, and I'm not actually logged in. :angry:

I'm only seeing half of the forum headings on the forum page - the bottom group is still missing.

I'm using Chrome and only today has the style sheet been properly served have I been able to log in.

I've only just got in. Chris mentioned on Facebook (which might be a handy place for people to 'meet' if ever the site is down again) the hosts had moved the site onto another server. Whether that caused the problems, or was to resolve some, I don't know. But I'm glad we're back!

I'm also glad I haven't just signed into a phishing scam. The new address confused me for a minute. At least seeing you lot I know that I shan't be the only one on this botnet.

:lol:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh i'm back in :blink:

Just when you thought the Forum was working again... or did I just dream that people were posting yesterday.

The site is up, but "View new content" and "Mark items as read" is not working correctly. Just a FYI....

The site is up, but "View new content" and "Mark items as read" is not working correctly. Just a FYI....

...and most of yesterday's posts have vanished.

Yes, mine have disappeared!

Mine too - though I only realised when I saw that Dave's YEEHAAAAAAAA was only 3 posts up from the bottom.

But I also note that the site name has reverted back to www.predecimal.com from www.british-coins.com - perhaps that is something to do with why yesterday's posts have disappeared?

Edited by Peckris

finally after dozens of attempts to login, got back on.

hope things settle down now. :)

funny, found a dodgy looking crown on the bay, came here to get opinions and the site was down, site came good just after item ended.......conspiracy i say :D

ski

Mine too - though I only realised when I saw that Dave's YEEHAAAAAAAA was only 3 posts up from the bottom.

But I also note that the site name has reverted back to www.predecimal.com from www.british-coins.com - perhaps that is something to do with why yesterday's posts have disappeared?

Sounds like the most likely explanation.

I don't think it's entirely fixed as I seem to get logged out every now and then. Something that never used to happen before.

OK, I can now log in, which is something. But before all the changes I stayed logged in!

Back at last

I see my penny on ebay thread has disappeared. Was that the reason for the screwed up posts? I can now see Chris's testing thread that was previously impossible because there was a conflict deciding which one I was trying to read. Could it be that things have settled down now?

I see my penny on ebay thread has disappeared. Was that the reason for the screwed up posts? I can now see Chris's testing thread that was previously impossible because there was a conflict deciding which one I was trying to read. Could it be that things have settled down now?

The penny is back on ebay so not all is lost.

The penny is back on ebay so not all is lost.

Thanks, but it wasn't for my benefit - I don't want one. :D