Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

copper123

Coin Hoarder
  • Posts

    4,018
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    122

Everything posted by copper123

  1. I would say if all the coins are the same that they have all been cleaned at some time so are worth very little , dont hold your breath for a great valuation from a dealer. What you see is not lustre that went years ago on this coin
  2. To be honest there are many pennies in this grade of this date - I find it hard to value at more than £3 . Dont rush to slab it!
  3. By the way Baldrick got plenty offers of cash down at the docks , mostly around sixpence
  4. doorstep salesmen? will not take no for an answer
  5. The strange thing is these pound coins have halved in price in the last three weeks or so for some strange reason (logic says they shound be holding their own at least and not diving in price) , unless there is some strange manipulation in price going on they are going up and down like a brides undergarments .
  6. I bet it was some scally from near birmingham
  7. jolly bad form this faking halfcrowns during the war
  8. All is really great for the new chancellor millions of five pound notes dissapearing from circulation with hundreds of thousands of people holding indistructable notes hopeing they might be worth more than face value in 10 000 years time due to an article in the daily mail . one born every minute
  9. heritage pic is dreadful
  10. I agree , I found a few bits five or four years ago but last two times I have been have been pretty poor
  11. THE PENIS TATTOO A guy gets home late one night and his wife says: "Where have you been?" "I was out getting a tattoo." "A tattoo? What kind of tattoo did you get?" "I got a hundred dollar bill on my penis." "What the hell were you thinking? Why did you get a hundred dollar bill on your penis?" "Well, number one, I like to watch my money grow. number two, once in a while, I like to play with my money. And lastly, instead of you going out shopping, you can stay right here at home and blow a hundred bucks anytime you want!"
  12. foot tatoo=painful
  13. Not sure he would be that nice about it to be honest
  14. the ideal penny to drop into a vintage penny arcade machine lol
  15. LOL - thats more like it!
  16. WOT NO BIKINI CLAD BEAUTY ON IT'S BONNET THROWN IN FOR FREE BAH HUMBUG , RIP OFF.
  17. There was a really large jump in the prices of the edinburgh pound coins on ebay this week from around £12 to around £25 and sometimes even more - I expect this to continue as the hysteria wipped up in the press continues . Anyone with a few is advised to wait to sell in the summer
  18. Well his son looks even more dangerous
  19. If they don't folks will know who to blame LOL
  20. You seam to forget there was a c/n version in the mint set of that year as well so thats a proof too.
  21. I strongly suspect that the type of light has an effect as well - you often see tapesties that have been damaged by sunlight but under artifical light they are fine
×
×
  • Create New...