Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

HistoricCoinage

Coin Dealer
  • Posts

    1,771
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Everything posted by HistoricCoinage

  1. It's rare because it's a mule, no?
  2. This is incredible!
  3. LC's description doesn't seem to add up, somehow... "Proof ESC 247 UNC" - is that meant to be two grades, or the strike and then a mention that it wasn't circulated?
  4. £3,000 if it's this one: http://londoncoins.co.uk/?page=Pastresults&auc=144&searchlot=1357&searchtype=2
  5. Also, bear in mind that it hasn't sold for £4,500 and so that is Chris Taylor's opinion on its value.
  6. I had Windows ME for a while, it was...interesting. Give me back my Commodore Amiga any day!
  7. I had the option of going to 8 but remained with 7. I'd highly recommend it.
  8. Stuart will be interested to learn that.
  9. I'm in Surrey and haven't found anything of the sort. I can suggest, however, that a visit to the London Coin Fair or the Bloomsbury Coin Fair might be suitable as many dealers have 'bargain trays' that cause a flurry of activity just after the doors open. Congratulations on the 100,000th post and enjoy Chris' coins.
  10. Sorry, Paul. My bad! On a related note, I read this about a lawsuit involving competition/anti-trust against eBay and TPGs hogging the market. "Universal Grading Service (UGS) was a nascent New Jersey-based grading service decided to file an antitrust suit eBay, the American Numismatic Association, then ANA President Barry Stuppler, and PNG claiming that the rules are preventing them from competing in the market. Their claim was that coins in their holders were allegedly banned by eBay claiming that by using the study, eBay was in collusion with the ANA and PNG to prevent them from participating in the market, an alleged violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act."
  11. I don't know whether it's just me, but does anyone else find this seller's terminology a little...unsettling? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unmolested-1906-Edward-VII-Four-Coin-Maundy-Money-Set-In-Original-Case-/261428196555?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item3cde55b4cb
  12. Wrong Spielberg film, Peter was in the one where he had to sit in the front basket of a bicycle with the Mrs cycling.
  13. Was it a duel between you and the speedo or you and the caravans?
  14. Sounds like an opening to a Terry Gilliam film Or Breaking Bad.
  15. But this seller misses out the u, too.
  16. I cannot see that word anywhere in the images or description, but assume you are referring to the American spelling 'colorizing' which is perfectly understandable considering it's an American coin and company that made this tat.
  17. It's copied and pasted from this.
  18. Mark Blackburn states that there are 'a number' but only mentions a few. They are: BMC 107-8, one in SCBI East Anglia 17, possibly #4 in the Manningtree hoard, one in SCBI East Anglia 1102 and the single finds of 2001 and 1970 on the EMC. There must be far more not recorded, though.
  19. Having just returned from a seminar given by Chris Scull I'd highly recommend visiting the Sutton Hoo site to see the Rendlesham treasures that go on display this Saturday. Since 2008 they've metal detected & surveyed 150 hectares of land systematically resulting in thousands of finds. It's so good to finally see this being published!
  20. The smilies are at the top of the 'Reply to this topic box', between the gold 'A' and 'My Media'. But I just use the combinations of brackets and colon/semicolon. Yes, I will try and get along to the site for a visit soon, too, whilst I'm in Cambridgeshire.
  21. But yes, some interesting reading here, too, with a video.
×
×
  • Create New...