Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

HistoricCoinage

Coin Dealer
  • Posts

    1,771
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Everything posted by HistoricCoinage

  1. It looks to be William the Lion and most likely Walter Adam on Edinburgh.
  2. It's most likely an alteration made to the die and I've seen a fair few of these 'errors' on coins of Elizabeth, James and Charles I especially.
  3. Canada, I assume. See here.
  4. Thought i'd email the seller and ask how much he wanted for it (realisticly) and see what he comes back with, then i'll see how Trustworthy he is when i ask if its a copy The big give away (apart from the word copy and the WRL stamp...) is that the description is copied & pasted. The seller cannot speak/(type) English and so I wish you luck in getting a coherent reply.
  5. Very nice coins! I do like the dollars indeed. It seems pretty strong just before 'ENGLAND'.
  6. Another replica Elizabeth I misdescribed... I've informed the seller.
  7. I have a feeling most of us do that to those that deserve it. Anything odd in the bidding history? There's that one bidder who has placed 39 bids...
  8. Will the acknowledgements be up to date?
  9. link Yep, Peter, think Garrett's referring to this ^
  10. ? Not you, Dave. The Dave in the link.
  11. Another replica Elizabeth...
  12. He sent a message saying he was unaware and removed the listing.
  13. Glad to hear! The one Coinery/Paulus linked is genuine, just a very clipped sixpence.
  14. Looks like one of Dave's.
  15. A romantic idea. The word severe comes from the Latin 'severus' which means strict or stern and pre-dates the Emperor's name.
  16. Also due to some confusion whether this is actually the first coin of Tutbury as at least one other has surfaced online in recent years.
  17. Most likely not lost by a Roman. The Romans were known to have paid coin and given gifts to leaders across the border to form a pseudo-alliance or to make peace.
  18. That knick above the eye is very obvious once pointed out! Another obvious one is an identical scratch on the second I of BRITANNIA on all three.
  19. I asked. Hmm. Proved to him it's a fake and he still second chanced it to another bidder.
  20. As would I! Also, I've been told "Its not fair to get involved in other peoples livelihoods" -- wondering what this livelihood is. Selling fakes...?
  21. Seller's got back to me after I left him a negative and says he's asked "3 other peoples who have great knowledge in coinage" and "How have I treated anyone unfairly I treated you in a positive manner?" The coin is only two thirds of what it should weigh and I've found identical fakes on the Forgery Network... I answered the last question with mention of shilling, fraud, trade description, etc.
  22. That may be true, but where else can you pick up a class 1a penny of Edward I for less than £70?
×
×
  • Create New...