British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hey.

Just to say yes i am sorry and the language i used was out of order.

Its a fantastic forum and wish everyone all the best.

Keep smiling and happy collecting.

(including vicky and dave)

Pete.

• Like 2

All's Well, Ends Well

Hurrah!

All's Well, Ends Well

That! C'mon, sort it out, J! :D;)

Who says he was (mis)quoting Shakespeare?

Anyway, twas all Much Ado Bout Nothing :)

Edited by Paulus

Amen

There is no reason for arguments on a coin forum.

We all know it is the best for UK coins.

Before toys are dumped out of prams think about a PM before dirty washing is thrown.

BTW There is so much knowledge on here....don't waste it.

All posters I respect and bans are swiftly sorted by Chris.

Remember Aiden who was more orange than Jaffa.

Pete,Vickey,Dave I would love to meet but please wear mittens as I'm 6ft and 15st and can't defend my self, ;)

Mrs Peter will give you a kick in the nuts though.

I have a nice penny collection and would like to set up a website to show it off. I'd appreciate any advice from the guys who have already done it.

Rashenley, have a look at mine in my sig. Cannot recommend Wordpress enough it's simple and offers exactly what you need just to show off your collection.

There was a good discussion on here recently about this however I can't find the thread for the life of me! It started within a thread about something completely different so it's hard to find.

The good thing about Wordpress is it's widely used so there is a lot of information and help already out there. Good luck!

My collection (well my nicer/older pieces) is also on Wordpress (click below), I find it extremely flexible, quick and easy to use, and completely free, Would echo Nordle in thoroughly recommending it! :)

Just began the website process. Nordle, how did you get two images side by side ? I've just wasted an hour trying with no success !!!

I have a nice penny collection and would like to set up a website to show it off. I'd appreciate any advice from the guys who have already done it.

I can think of many adjectives that would be more representative for your collection of pennies. Nice ??

Rash, that is modesty to excess !!!!!!

Just began the website process. Nordle, how did you get two images side by side ? I've just wasted an hour trying with no success !!!

For me when I'm on the insert pictures screen, I hold ctrl and click on the 2 pictures and it lets me upload them both. Then I just add a few spaces between the two to separate them slightly. Let me know if it doesn't work..

I can think of many adjectives that would be more representative for your collection of pennies. Nice ??

Looking forward to seeing this collection! Don't forget to share when you're done Rash :)

Well said!!!

Pete's penny

1806_1d_01_cgs_80_uin_33055.png

That really is toned so well. just love it

• Like 1

Well, like to see the picture of the latter. I must say, as apparently do many others, that such claims are rather hollow ("finest known"). I find the 19H is very hard to find well struck and nicely preserved - moreso than the 18H.

Yeah, this "finest known" caper is actually just the finest known to CGS, not necessarily the finest known in actuality. I actually have one or two coins which are superior to their "finest known".

In truth, CGS are misrepresenting the true facts by not adding a rider to their claim, making it clear that it's just their population they are referring to.

Nordle, thanks for the tip about the dual images - that works. Now, it seems to take ages to upload JPEG images - any tips on a better format of image ?

Well, like to see the picture of the latter. I must say, as apparently do many others, that such claims are rather hollow ("finest known"). I find the 19H is very hard to find well struck and nicely preserved - moreso than the 18H.

Yeah, this "finest known" caper is actually just the finest known to CGS, not necessarily the finest known in actuality. I actually have one or two coins which are superior to their "finest known".

In truth, CGS are misrepresenting the true facts by not adding a rider to their claim, making it clear that it's just their population they are referring to.

They (TPGs) all do that, because as we all know, the only business with the superior knowledge is their own.

I also have some finest knowns, having no problem identifying which of the three or four examples in my possession is the best one. ;)

Acknowledging the presence of other potentially better examples isn't a good selling point. Statistics, damn lies and statistics.

Nordle, thanks for the tip about the dual images - that works. Now, it seems to take ages to upload JPEG images - any tips on a better format of image ?

No problem, unfortunately I don't know of a better way without compromising the quality of the image.. I did find, however, that when doing it at home it took an age but whenever I uploaded pictures while at work they went straight on no problem, so might be an bandwidth issue. My images are all JPEG too and aren't more than 6mb.

They (TPGs) all do that, because as we all know, the only business with the superior knowledge is their own.

I also have some finest knowns, having no problem identifying which of the three or four examples in my possession is the best one. ;)

Acknowledging the presence of other potentially better examples isn't a good selling point. Statistics, damn lies and statistics.

Not to mention the point that Pete quite rightly brought up about them reassigning a grade and price just because they're now selling the coin.

But as we all know, TPG companies are certainly a 'Marmite' topic.

I remember Scott posting this pic before and mentioning he got it for under a fiver. Well done Scott. Good find.

Did anyone spot the VF specimen of the hugely rare 1861 F27 penny on Ebay last month ? Sadly I missed it.