British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

We still avoid the local pubs because £10 for 2 drinks and 2 soft drinks is too much

Well, use them or lose them....

Touché £400. :P

BTW Asda green can 4% larger is Fosters at a fraction of the price.

That pee water is overpriced whatever you pay for it.

They are all after your meal deals...what ever happened to proper pubs?I won't bother...or can't afford to bother.

We are off to the pub...tonight but it won't be for the beer...maybe a nice steak for £6.95 but I won't fill my bladder at £3 a pint and £4.75 for a glass of plonk.

They are all after your meal deals...what ever happened to proper pubs?I won't bother...or can't afford to bother.

We are off to the pub...tonight but it won't be for the beer...maybe a nice steak for £6.95 but I won't fill my bladder at £3 a pint and £4.75 for a glass of plonk.

Oh come on Peter, you're sounding more and more like my Gran every day. Beer was 12p a pint when I started drinking but then I was earning all of £20 a week. If you take RPI into account, I doubt if there's much difference.

I agree that the quality of our pubs has gone down though.

German beer isthe best. 89 cent for half a litte bottle, alcohol content between 5 and 8% Yum Yum

German beer isthe best. 89 cent for half a litte bottle, alcohol content between 5 and 8% Yum Yum

Well if there's one thing the Scots do know about it's alcohol!

No comment (hic) :)

Well said that man!

Back on topic - I seem to remember seeing a 1996 Silver Proof set in Phoenix priced at a hefty £245... and marked '£50 off'! I happened to be up there a few days later, so popped my spare set in my bag (I have 3, and cant shift the spares for love nor money!) and played 'dumb no-nothing commoner' ("It was my fathers hobby" or some rubbish) and was offered a princely £50 for it cash! Clearly I declined...

On the other hand, you can get some quirky bits in there which can be quite fun...

Well said that man!

Back on topic - I seem to remember seeing a 1996 Silver Proof set in Phoenix priced at a hefty £245... and marked '£50 off'! I happened to be up there a few days later, so popped my spare set in my bag (I have 3, and cant shift the spares for love nor money!) and played 'dumb no-nothing commoner' ("It was my fathers hobby" or some rubbish) and was offered a princely £50 for it cash! Clearly I declined...

On the other hand, you can get some quirky bits in there which can be quite fun...

I picked up my 1996 set at auction for just over £50. It's catalogued for £100 and has been for years. £245??? Ye gods. Wasn't so long ago you could pick up a 1927 proof set for that.

Ah many a year ago, actually when I was a young poke, I sent off my cheque for £14.95 and got a very well abused Eddie the I penny. I also bought a "Gentleman's Magazine" from 1743, for about the same price I think - the penny is worth less, but the mag appreciated quite well in the time since CoinCraft sold it.

I do wonder though, having had my curiosity piqued, I decided to view their website, and I do notice one notable absence amongst the principals of said organisation - Claire Lobel is nah there anymore? She used to pervade all the banknotes around there, and even managed to buy up a hoard of Union Bank of Scotland notes at one time.