British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Would you buy this?

Link

Would you buy this?

Link

Not in a month of Sundays....

A 1949 silver threepence? I would!!

Actually, at less than half the advertised price it would make a good choice for someone looking for a high grade example. The obverse is more or less unaffected, and there may be something that could be done to 'treat' the red on the reverse.

'Worn extremely well!'

It certainly has! How did you guess it wasn't me? :lol:

The description is priceless. Shame the coin isn't!

I especially like the 'Bought coin for discount, so can sell it for discount' part. He means he's been ripped off and now wants to rip you off :)

Oh, yes it is - it's a prat who hasn't heard of "Flip horizontal" in Photoshop... or rather, he HAS heard of it but hasn't heard of the 'Undo' button! :D

post-4737-091339200 1349626069_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peckris

See the corrected photo in my post above!

Now I'm totally confused! It's the highlighted bit in bold that's throwing me!

Honest, it really wasn't me! ;) I'd have taken a poorer, more distant, photo and said something like 'there's something odd about this coin. It look like they must've made a mistake at the mint, it's got what seems like a 1 underneath the 2, so damaged, I'm afraid, please bid accordingly,' and hope Dave or Steve spotted it! ;)

Honest, it really wasn't me! ;) I'd have taken a poorer, more distant, photo and said something like 'there's something odd about this coin. It look like they must've made a mistake at the mint, it's got what seems like a 1 underneath the 2, so damaged, I'm afraid, please bid accordingly,' and hope Dave or Steve spotted it! ;)

Oops, my mistake - I interpreted Peter's remark as meaning he thought it was a foreign coin. He should have used a capital C then I'd have 'got' it!!

Oops, my mistake - I interpreted Peter's remark as meaning he thought it was a foreign coin. He should have used a capital C then I'd have 'got' it!!

:lol:

Apparently a toned EF 120997312075 Mr Platt now using his wifes eBay to talk shite, toned yes, EF errrrrr no

Insert url please......

Apparently a toned EF 120997312075 Mr Platt now using his wifes eBay to talk shite, toned yes, EF errrrrr no

Insert url please......

1928 crown

How does a Wreath Crown get so circulated? Surely never spent? That's an awful lot of cabinet friction - maybe a pocket piece?

How does a Wreath Crown get so circulated? Surely never spent? That's an awful lot of cabinet friction - maybe a pocket piece?

Declan,

I've seen one or two in no better than fine condition, maybe poorer, so I reckon a few must have done the rounds for a while. One was a 1934!

Declan,

I've seen one or two in no better than fine condition, maybe poorer, so I reckon a few must have done the rounds for a while. One was a 1934!

Wow. I suppose at the time their true value wasn't universally known, so maybe people thought it was just like breaking up a '53 set!

Declan,

I very much doubt they circulated normally. Not enough were minted for people to be aware of them, generally. Considering 5/- was around a quarter of a week's wages, you wouldn't take a chance on it. Maybe if there was a knowledgeable shopkeeper at the beginning of the 'chain' but they would most likely have kept it. Put it this way - it wouldn't have got very far. 'Pocket piece' sounds the most likely explanation.

Nice coin but I would want an UNC.What a knobber :o :o

Someone got a bargain.

I hope it was one of you penny boys :)

http://www.ebay.co.u...cvip=true&rt=nc

There's a nice genuine 2mm here for comparison

Someone got a bargain.

I hope it was one of you penny boys :)

http://www.ebay.co.u...cvip=true&rt=nc

There's a nice genuine 2mm here for comparison

Thanks for highlighting my 2mm David :)

Thanks chaps...taken as read.Oh the perils of Ebay. :o

Thanks chaps...taken as read.Oh the perils of Ebay. :o

The Tide ishould be level with Britannias Hermeline, it was bidded on accordingly though, maybe a Little to high because someone who obviously does'nt know what a 2mm actually looks like, or the seller