British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

1351078192' post='75002']
1351075311' post='75000']

Peck if you look at his feedback and view all comments there are some which allow you to view the items purchased off him.

4 options

All feedback

feedback from buyers

feedback from sellers

feedback left for others.

Thanks for that (and Debbie)

I would line up his buyers (and tom)

Get a nice 10 lb cod and give their chops a nice slapping.

Geez, this numpty again. I wonder if he's actually buying from himself, no One in their right mind World buy at his grade and prices. Still ashamed to say he's from Dundee :(He has a Festival of britain at ONLY £150, fecking bargain if you ask me

Not such a daft idea. It may seem worth it to him to lose fees and commission, purely in order to build up a high feedback score.. then he can use that as a jumping off point to snare future newbies with too much money, not enough sense, and WAY too much trust.

Ah, but his is the 1951 "proof", and as we all know, the 1951 is technically only proofLIKE - unless it comes from the proof set of course, in which case it is.. wait for it, wait for it.. absolutely identical to the prooflike. :D

Edited by Peckris

Edited by Peckris

Peck if you look at his feedback and view all comments there are some which allow you to view the items purchased off him.

Thanks. It seems you can only "View item" on the last five. But that's enough to show what a priceless numpty (to borrow Dave's word) each buyer is. On Page 3, one of them even says "I give positive feedback, although I didn't received whah I bought." :lol: :lol: :lol:

4 options

All feedback

feedback from buyers

feedback from sellers

Geez, this numpty again. I wonder if he's actually buying from himself, no One in their right mind World buy at his grade and prices. Still ashamed to say he's from Dundee :(He has a Festival of britain at ONLY £150, fecking bargain if you ask me

Not such a daft idea. It may seem worth it to him to lose fees and commission, purely in order to build up a high feedback score.. then he can use that as a jumping off point to snare future newbies with too much money, not enough sense, and WAY too much trust.

Ah, but his is the 1951 "proof", and as we all know, the 1951 is technically only proofLIKE - unless it comes from the proof set of course, in which case it is.. wait for it, wait for it.. absolutely identical to the prooflike. :D

I have found that in general the crowns from the proof set tend to have a bit of frosting whereas the individually issued crowns are just shiny

4 options

All feedback

feedback from buyers

feedback from sellers

I have found that in general the crowns from the proof set tend to have a bit of frosting whereas the individually issued crowns are just shiny

Though interestingly (and just to be different!) the crown I have in its box of issue (prooflike) has MORE frosting than the one in my proof set!

The 51 crown is by far the nicest cupro crown.

I have been buying a few.I got one today which is mirror like :)

Love this one and its description..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1820-KING-GEORGE-IVS-GREAT-BRITAIN-GOLD-FULL-SOVEREIGN-COIN-Very-Rare-/140874778522?pt=UK_Coins_BritishMilled_RL&hash=item20ccca879a

Apparently its a 'genuine full sovereign. This coin may value more because might be error in dating. For genuine buyer only.'

I'm so reassured by all those 'genuines'. I'm not sure what a non-genuine buyer looks like - any ideas anyone?

What a coin :o

I wonder if he would swap for a genuine 1967 1/2d and a genuine plastic 2" envelope(used)

Which of those two round things is the item - the blurry one in the foreground or the one wearing a headlamp? :D

Boy/Girl

Fantastic

The reverse is perfect ;)

Another Gary? ;)

Oh for goodness sake

Bloody hell my collection is worth a fortune!

CGS quote £35 on their website for this coin. That seems an awful lot of money for an Elizabeth II coin that can't even be spent in a pub! :)

Oh for goodness sake

Bloody hell my collection is worth a fortune!

CGS quote £35 on their website for this coin. That seems an awful lot of money for an Elizabeth II coin that can't even be spent in a pub! :)

Not even a remotely scarce Liz II coin! And have you noticed, the lustre on the obverse is faintly blotchy, and there are bag mark scuffs on the bust? TWO BIDDERS. I wonder if they both live at the same lunatic asylum?

At that rate, 1966 and 1967 3d's must be worth at least a fiver each. I must have a few dozen put aside...

I value my '62, which, I might add, is tons better than that one, at £1.75.

I think that's realistic, including postage!

Ah, but is yours slabbed?

There's a whole can of worms right there, Gary! At the end of the day we're coin collectors, not platic collectors. A slab doesn't make a £1 coin any more than a £1 coin in a slab! I've only got one slab - it's a 1928 silver 3d, which I'd grade at VF+. PCGS MS64!

So, instantly, there goes any incentive I might have to crack it out, as raw, it'll still only be a VF+. When the time comes to sell it, the best I'll be able to say, to cover myself and preempt the inevitable disappointment from the buyer: "slab says MS64 but please make sure you're happy with the grade of the coin, rather than the grade on the label".

So I become as guilty as London Coins, and so the slippery slope begins...

There's a whole can of worms right there, Gary! At the end of the day we're coin collectors, not platic collectors. A slab doesn't make a £1 coin any more than a £1 coin in a slab! I've only got one slab - it's a 1928 silver 3d, which I'd grade at VF+. PCGS MS64!

So, instantly, there goes any incentive I might have to crack it out, as raw, it'll still only be a VF+. When the time comes to sell it, the best I'll be able to say, to cover myself and preempt the inevitable disappointment from the buyer: "slab says MS64 but please make sure you're happy with the grade of the coin, rather than the grade on the label".

A little while back on an American forum it was being discussed that it was quite acceptable to pay $400 for a high grade slabbed 1934 penny. The idea of buying the same coin raw for a quarter of that was completely abhorrent to them.

A little while back on an American forum it was being discussed that it was quite acceptable to pay $400 for a high grade slabbed 1934 penny. The idea of buying the same coin raw for a quarter of that was completely abhorrent to them.

Perhaps we should devise a new TPG system that doesn't involve encasing coins in perspex tombs. Any ideas?

Perhaps we should devise a new TPG system that doesn't involve encasing coins in perspex tombs. Any ideas?

As long as there are high-quality image databases, and numeric certificate/logbooks accompanying the coin, there's no reason why it shouldn't be equally as attractive as the current TPG monopoly...IMO ;)

As long as there are high-quality image databases, and numeric certificate/logbooks accompanying the coin, there's no reason why it shouldn't be equally as attractive as the current TPG monopoly...IMO ;)

Yes - a high res. series of photographs with additional close-ups of 'unique identifying features' such as scratches, nicks, uneven toning patches, or areas of unusual wear, would be essential, and maybe the photos themselves could be enclosed in a sealed plastic case (like a modern proof set)? The certificate could perhaps be in there with them. A logbook is a great idea - it would give a provenance from the first entry onwards, and would be completed by each new owner.

It sounds a blend of the straightforward and the complex. Simple enough to reward the owners of high value or rare items, but sufficiently complex to deter the owner of a BU 1962 brass 3d!

I went on ebay today with the intention of looking for a few coins.

up flashed the littlewoods ad, steam irons, cameras....the usual stuff in a half price sale.

Wait a minute...whats this...the ad changed to .....Myleene Klass straplass bra's and other lingerie......yummy.

i cant seem to find coins on the bay anymore :D

Edited by ski

I went on ebay today with the intention of looking for a few coins.

up flashed the littlewoods ad, steam irons, cameras....the usual stuff in a half price sale.

Wait a minute...whats this...the ad changed to .....Myleene Klass straplass bra's and other lingerie......yummy.

i cant seem to find coins on the bay anymore :D

Just don't type the word 'used' when you are browsing Ms Klass's smalls, or we'll never see you again! AND your internet bill will double! :P