-
Posts
4,018 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
122
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Downloads
Store
Gallery
Articles
Everything posted by copper123
-
Odd silver 2p coin 1971
copper123 replied to MACKSILKY.'s topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
Its worth £1200 accordinding to the daily mail -
A story in the mail today about loose change being worth a fortune , should keep dealers on their toes answering the phone 20 times a day to the vox populi for the next six months or so . Anybody want a peter rabbit 50p only a tenner?
-
I actually have a "prooflike" example of a 1951 crown and it only cost me £5 even without the box (I never really wanted the box anyway) and yes it is Prooflike But I suspect most of these crowns in their boxes also were never looked after as well as the proof sets so over the years so only a true proof coin looks like the real mccoy. Unless someone invents a time machine so we can go back and inspect the originals back then
-
Your only regret neads to be that its not a 1951 as that has the crown in it and is a real stunner
-
Agreed - after all these years the tone hopefully adds to these sets in a possative way and becomes part of the set . Same cannot be said for the cased 70's sets in their plastic holders
-
Oh come on £14.99 on a good day it might get a tenner (with a couple of suckers bidding), ok date is not as common as most but its certainly not rare
-
grades as near fine - maybe slightly better - the sort of coin usually found in a £4 rumage box .
-
Price is very good and if coins are anything like you say I think you have a bargain .Dont worry about the toneing ,
-
A negative thread about slabbing companies , NO, I don't believe it!
-
silver dipping
copper123 replied to Komisaruk's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
Acetone is easy to buy on ebay , I always get a 500 ml bottle it costs around £5 with post so is cheaper than the chemist . I personally would not use nail varnish remover , i think it has an adative in it , besides acetone -
silver dipping
copper123 replied to Komisaruk's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
TRY ACETONE just a quick wipe then polish it off with a paper towel . That coin may never be a superstar but its better than many that are around and someone will want it -
agreed
-
silver dipping
copper123 replied to Komisaruk's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
ask the expert MP -
I think if I remember rightly the belfast ones were released into the manchester/north west area first.
-
If they were that plastered you should have locked them in your house (for their safety) and spanked them , they would think twice about doing it again
-
Oh come on peter you must have something in your pocket that goes off every so often ;0)
-
by the look of the box i would think it could be 40 years or more in age But I could be wrong................
-
Thoughts on this halfcrown?
copper123 replied to Conor44's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
I suspect he also might have a weird personality disorder as well giving himself a full five stars out of five is a bit of a givaway as well. After all everyone that comes across him regrets it I suspect histrionic personality disorder or even narsassistic personality disorder- 48 replies
-
Thoughts on this halfcrown?
copper123 replied to Conor44's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
mp1 (joined 18th August) - only 1 review on 18th of August mp2 (joined 19th August) - only 1 review on 19th of August mp3 (joined 17th August) - only 1 review on 17th of August mp4 (joined 11th August) - only 1 review on 11th of August mp5 (joined 5th July) - only 1 review on 5th of July- 48 replies
-
Thoughts on this halfcrown?
copper123 replied to Conor44's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
I put martin platt coin dealer into google and looked at his reviews on his yell account. He has five ,five star, reviews put on on a five week period , the middle of this summer , with no older ones. Could it not be he's writeing these reviews himself(?) I wonder summer is usually very quiet time for coin dealers.- 48 replies
-
Thoughts on this halfcrown?
copper123 replied to Conor44's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
So I presume you lot don't think the leopard has changed his spots then ?- 48 replies
-
Thoughts on this halfcrown?
copper123 replied to Conor44's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
Yes the much discussed or maybe infamous MP . Coin is NEF IMHO maybe hes starting to mend his ways- 48 replies
-
Baldwins new list
copper123 replied to PWA 1967's topic in British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
If you want to sell quickly CCC are your best bet . They would probably give you a free 1853 WWR copper farthing in similar grade for the chance to buy your farthing