Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '1887'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • British Coin forums
    • British Coin Related Discussions & Enquiries
    • Coin Publications Forum
  • Other Coin related forums
    • Beginners area
    • Free for all
    • Decimal Coins
    • Ancient Coins
    • Enquiries about Non British coins
  • Nothing whatsoever to do with coins area!
    • Forum technical help and support
    • Nothing whatsoever to do with coins area!

Product Groups

  • British/Irish Coins
  • Other Coins
  • Military

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Location


Interests

Found 5 results

  1. Hello, I am in the midst of writing a relatively large article on the 1887 Jubilee Coinage - estimated to be about 600pgs in total. In the process of such research, I spent about a week at the Royal Mint studying about ~200 tools relevant to the coinage and a similiar number of coins. Unfortunately, it seems that the Mint did not retain the original plaster models designed by Boehm. It often had seemed to be suggested that the relevant item(s) had been destroyed - a fact that I could not bear to hear! Hopefully, continuing the research into plaster models, with some vague hope of finding something, I did come across a 2010 Baldwin's sale, auction 68, which sure enough had a plaster model of the Jubilee Head! Well, I contacted Steve Hill of Sovereign Rarities, who worked at Baldwin's who confirmed that the piece sold to a bidder in Australia, and was since resold in auction 100 of Noble Numismatics (an Australian based auction house) after failing to sell in auction 99. I am now trying to contact the owner of such a piece, though I am having difficultly identifying who may own it. Should anyone have an idea of who may own it, it would be greatly appreciated for this to be shared with me. To my knowledge, it is likely an Australian collector, perhaps someone with a focus on the Jubilee coinage. Similiarly, if anyone has any high quality images of the copper electrotype described in BNJ 1984 by Graham Dyer, please would you be able to share it with me! Kind regards, -Ashley
  2. I have recently bought yet more coins. This is my latest a 1887 Crown this is now my second and It is a keeper, at last one I am happy with. Your comments please. I have also trying to get better with my pictures so am posting two sets of pictures of this coin first ones taken in daylight only. Would be interested to know what grade you would give this please.
  3. Hi, I have a 1887 Sixpence or Shilling with J.E.B in trunc, im having trouble telling the difference, could someone tell me what it is? Thank you !!!!
  4. Hi members. I came across your site whilst researching the 1887 Crown faults. Does anybody have a list of what they actually are? In my case I have several coins in really good nick, but what surprised me is the possible variations of this coin. I don't get much time to get the glass out to see what I have in my collection, but today I happened to pick out one of the 1887 crowns and note the top of the 8 missing, the right side bottom serif of the 1 missing, bottom serif of D in D:G: missing, the trailing plume appears to have six lines, the milled edge is still quite sharp, the coin is in EF or probably better weighing 28 grms. Any comment will be appreciated
  5. claude-83

    hi!

    anyone there selling a gothic florin 1887,thx!
×
×
  • Create New...