Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

copper123

Coin Hoarder
  • Posts

    4,018
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    122

Everything posted by copper123

  1. To be fair I have seem many many George IV crowns much much worse than this - yours is lucky in that everything is clear on it at least - it also been polished which means it has little numismatic value , keep it as as you clearly like it - it was probably a "pocket piece" for many years.
  2. At a quick glance i would say its genuine 1 .3 g is not a lot , its worn and wear can account for that and you bought it cheap if you paid a lot it might be worth forging it , but not in this grade . you could always get it tested for silver if its not its a forgery
  3. yes peter - the obverse is far better than i realised at first , it even looks to be aproaching nvf grade , with less gunk on it every time it worked on The reverse is what lets it down , there again the g's over are on the obverse aint they
  4. Verdi care arived today , so have been trying it out on the coin - maybe I should have tried a lower value coin first , but was itching to try the stuff out As you can see from above picture coin is looking better all the time
  5. I find it strange you never remembered the coin in all these years even back in the sixties-seventies it was considered quite rare and was hardly a schoolboy collectors coin . Anyway congrats on the coin and I am sure if you sell it will pay for a nice holiday at least
  6. Fine or so - slightly better on the reverse - this is normal
  7. 35 million to one , now , marginally less if you live in england or n/ ireland
  8. Sounds like its a quiet time for sales chris - I have always found it really quiet on ebay around xmas as well
  9. Prob already been done lol
  10. I bow to you superior knowlage colin - i was in the right ball park though
  11. coin number three looks like a george 11 or 111 farthing , the other two are what i would call buttons and even scott would turn his nose up at them.
  12. They were released in late 201o the dailly mail at the time ran a artical on them speculateing they were worth ££££ , what a surprise , they even seemed to have dificulty working out that time only runs in one direction forward ,something I worked out years ago
  13. Got a couple - very pleased
  14. leaves odds of 25 million to one now then
  15. new pic upper g is now clear- just acetone used
  16. funny enough just got a new one off ebay the other day
  17. Any unwanted 1844 farthings with verdigris or not will be welcome at my address
  18. THanks you lot - this might be a labour of love - I hope the end result will be worth it
  19. verdicare ordered today - expensive stuff expensive postage - I hope its worth it !
  20. try the lottery u have a better chance of winning than than finding one of these notes prob about 18 million to one
  21. The enquiry was No decimal just proof stated edward VIII coins ARE MADE BY THE ROYAL MINT AND ARE SILVER they are rare as well
  22. ta peter you are about the best on advice here so verdicare it will be
  23. WOT NO ROYALTIES @ DAILYMAIL>COM GRRRRRRRRRRRRR
  24. I strongly suspect that the gunk on the coin has ment it's gone undetected over all these years , even the dealer missed it . It is in fact probably one of the great rarities of the bronze farthing series - its much rarer than the 1860 mule , and on a par with peck 530 - thats why it goes for silly money in any grade , I am sure only 50-100 exist and most are in well established collections .
×
×
  • Create New...