Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

copper123

Coin Hoarder
  • Posts

    4,019
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    122

Everything posted by copper123

  1. Rare old coins are usually covered as long as they are not legal tender
  2. Nicer place than the northwest , I am having similar probs here been in six months, at least the northwest is famous for its rain esp cumbria. Thank god I managed to get our new shed up in the only month there was little rain august
  3. Oz is welcome to all this rain we have had this year.......I am totally sick of it........September- feb rain rain rain
  4. Thats why a first class letter goes up 6p next month , I surpose
  5. Acetone and a cocktail stick with a couple of hours and a powerful glass should get rid
  6. That's why the royal mail makes big profits now instead of serving the pubic with a essential service
  7. I must be honest I have never seen a brass coin - that will be the next one I buy , hopefully , by the price it looks quite common
  8. From the book above what are the two grade prices please ? It does not give a grade or even a year for the values , to know the year its published would be very usefull I would guess VF and EF though its only a guess
  9. I love the idea of "Leather sauce" some sort of early boot polish I would think - great name.
  10. I have this one as well _ i am not sure really if these are actual circulating coins or advertising pieces , but it does not seem to matter they are lovely pieces of social history
  11. Bought this at the weekend from birmingham (some idiot had to go when the storm was on didn't they), I just love the tone on it and its a variety I don't have Sparrows Balloon farthing - if you put it into google it gives you a real interesting read
  12. I visited his house in london -its quite near to one of the coin fairs so was handy to get to there is a lovely cafe in the tiny back garden as well Rather than people I would surgest books starting with David copperfield and a Christmas carol.
  13. There are yet again 2019 peter rabbits as well thats four years on the trot- I have it on good information that "peter breeding" and "peter having a dump" are in the pipeline
  14. At least if you see peter rabbit on a coin its a good bet its from the UK
  15. Xmas TV anyone? I remember the seventies when we used to be glued to certain shows
  16. What happened on the stock market was also interesting - the death of the yuppy
  17. I remember a ginger beer in the local cricket club was a great treat on a hot day, I also have fond memories of the pictures , esp disney films
  18. Didn't he play a Great Female Part lol
  19. I found a 1862 halfpenny A left to for a fiver well cleaned got £100 for it , dealer looked at me like I was mad giving him £5 for it
  20. I found a 1862 penny with a 6 over 8 in the birmingham fair recently and bought it for 20p and sold it for £320 beat that lol
  21. It' s quite a good bet that most serious sovereign collectors are quite well heeled
  22. I presume this coin comes with another that says "Except islamic oil rich dictatorships that murder their own subjects"
  23. I am just gobsmacked that it could have had so many different dates on it
  24. Crowns from the sixties and seventies were seen as curios and often ended up in shop tills for a long time before being banked . I worked in a shop for about seven or so years from 2008 to 2015 and while not common i did have a few of the pre 1997 two pound coins and also five pound pieces pass through the tills - as i know they were oficially legal tender I accepted them .
×
×
  • Create New...