British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Chris Perkins

Very Rare Aquatics Withdrawn 50P For Sale.

Chris, if you add something like 'much rarer than the Kew Gardens 50p' to your description you might get lots of extra views!

Good thinking!!

I can't change the title now that it has bids. I can append something to the bottom of it. I'll do that.

The number of watchers has risen to 61 in recent hours.

more $$ for you :) interesting how even recent production items like this the book value goes out the window, what did you have its value listed in your recent book if you dont mind me asking?

more $$ for you :) interesting how even recent production items like this the book value goes out the window, what did you have its value listed in your recent book if you dont mind me asking?

£8 BU, £10 in the card folder!

Not published just yet, so I can incorporate this madness and put a current price as it is right now, and with some accuracy predict a future price somewhere near the old level.

Gullible fools. I despair.

I couldn't find one in circulation, so I bought mine for £2.49 about 2 years ago. :D

i managed to find mine in circulation ind you i went through about £1000 worth of 50p coins and only got 1 so kinda rare i guess?

Scarce compared to the many millions of the other dates in circulation, but not rare. The 210,000 is plenty to cover the number of people that want one to keep.

£2.49 is very cheap i have sold several for around £5-£8 each

£2.49 is very cheap i have sold several for around £5-£8 each

Just lucky I guess. I usually collect all my decimal coins from change, but very occasionally, I can't find a particular example and so resort to ebay. I've yet to pay more that a couple of £s for any example. Exception was the undated 20p which cost me £25.00. I don't think I'll be going for Chris's aquatic error coin though, nor do I expect to find a 1983 NEW 2p coin either, not without paying around £600+ or so. Problem is that I can get some very nice pre-decimal for that kind of money, coins which would be much more interesting.

This Olympic coin looks a little more interesting

1906 Medal

the madness on ebay is continuing with one 50p now at £230

The Kew coin has just had a plug on Radio 2, telling everyone to look them out!

If we'd only know this a couple of weeks ago, we'd all be millionaires, Rodney!

Incidentally, what's the story with the rare 2p? What's the latest prices on one of those?

I bet this was all started deliberately (not mentioning any names of course).

The 1983 NEW PENCE 2p (in it's BU year set) is worth £500 - £700. And that's proper rare!

Assuming there are max 200 of the Aquatics 2011 error 50p, that makes mine 1000x rarer than the 2009 Kew 50p, so should I look forward to at least £200,000 end price?!

I've written to the DM just now.

Scarce compared to the many millions of the other dates in circulation, but not rare. The 210,000 is plenty to cover the number of people that want one to keep.

Damn right. It's twice the average number of each proof set issued. And the 1992/3 50p - which is twice as rare - fetches around £20 on eBay apparently.

Got all 3 of mine on e bay at the moment. 2 days to go. BU £76, CIR' £41, PROOF SET £51. :D

I think even if the DM put something online today bringing people back down to earth about the likely future values, they will still keep on selling for silly prices for a few weeks. Once people get an idea in their head about something being valuable, they hate to let that idea go, despite instinct, facts and logic telling them the exact opposite.

very true chris

it remains true even about queen anne farthings

very true chris

it remains true even about queen anne farthings

Yes, pity the poor owner of the fourth example.

144 watchers on the withdrawn 50p. Quite an increase since the silliness with the Kew coin. The 50p category is obviously livelier that normal, which is good for me. It's up to £220.00 currently.

181 watchers. 179 from the forum :D

Very nice £908. :rolleyes:

i wanted it badly but not a chance i was going to pay that :P

well done at any rate chris

That must be some sort of Record for a decimal coin?

Nice work. A well timed auction I must say!

Do I get any commission for bringing it to your attention. ;) Maybe a signed copy of the new CYC. :D