British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

"Those savage Scots love their cleaned and dipped out coins". That is the level of silliness and absurdity with which I have taken your "Crazy Yanks" and "artificial toning" jabs. I do apologize for any insults, but I am here to discuss coins. All the rest is a distraction...(e.g., the plastic game is here to stay -- whether we like it or not).

Kind regards,

-Brandon

A sa'age Scot am I, an' partaking of nice original and unmussed wi' cunyie I pursue. Most of my coins, rather like 95% are not in those ridiculous little extruded polystyrene coffins. Note I cracked poor sot Anne out of hers and let her get a breath once the more.

People have been sayin' that this or that is here to stay as a fixture of coin collecting for ages. Rather I believe plastic is an evolutional fad. See my post above with the Swedish Kristina crown. Overgraded. Some poke can think it is XF and pay such a fiendish price for it, Eventually sense always prevails. I would buy such piece at VF prices, an' not what some poke in PCGS thinks it prices at but what auction results price it at. People think price guide is a rule, rather it is a suggestion.

"Those savage Scots love their cleaned and dipped out coins". That is the level of silliness and absurdity with which I have taken your "Crazy Yanks" and "artificial toning" jabs. I do apologize for any insults, but I am here to discuss coins. All the rest is a distraction...(e.g., the plastic game is here to stay -- whether we like it or not).

Kind regards,

-Brandon

A sa'age Scot am I, an' partaking of nice original and unmussed wi' cunyie I pursue. Most of my coins, rather like 95% are not in those ridiculous little extruded polystyrene coffins. Note I cracked poor sot Anne out of hers and let her get a breath once the more.

People have been sayin' that this or that is here to stay as a fixture of coin collecting for ages. Rather I believe plastic is an evolutional fad. See my post above with the Swedish Kristina crown. Overgraded. Some poke can think it is XF and pay such a fiendish price for it, Eventually sense always prevails. I would buy such piece at VF prices, an' not what some poke in PCGS thinks it prices at but what auction results price it at. People think price guide is a rule, rather it is a suggestion.

I firmly believe the plastic game will be around as long as I'm in the hobby -- and I expect to be around for at least another 45-50 years. Besides, I was making a point of absurdity with that quote, not one of substance. :)

You've both had your say now.

This forum is definitely richer for BOTH your valuable contributions, so let's not lose either of you! Please.

Dave, Brandon, time to shake hands and move on?

Seconded!!

Thirded. I really don't think it's worth leaving over Dave. Plus it would be a great loss to the forum.

Well I'm new Azda, but I've been reading through the forum for a while and can see you have much to contribute and also think the forum would be worse without you.

The American chap is a troll and is clearly baiting you, he probably has nothing better to do with his time. Ignore him completely and he'll get bored and go away. Simples. :)

That's very insightful of you mynki! Whilst BRG clearly has a very good eye for coins, and I would've enjoyed his positive contributions a great deal, I do feel that the forum's a lesser place for the tensions created by his personal vendettas against Dave!

I'm confident all the regular readers (and I read everything, refreshing many times daily, always have) and contributors (new included), will have picked up on the truth of the matter!

Don't leave, Dave, it would be seen a defeat!

I hope you do have a happy thanks-giving, BRG, you have superb coins, as I've repeatedly said, but you'll need to change tack, as your posts have strained what is a great forum!

Agreed!

I firmly believe the plastic game will be around as long as I'm in the hobby -- and I expect to be around for at least another 45-50 years. Besides, I was making a point of absurdity with that quote, not one of substance. :)

Some people like paying too much for overgraded, overpriced coins. That to me is absurd. Your opinion of my coin doesn't hold candle to my opin of my own coin. Same for some opin of someone in a stuffy, allegedly sterile environment that "grades, authenticates etc" a coin.

This forum is definitely richer for BOTH your valuable contributions, so let's not lose either of you! Please.

Seconded!!

Thirded. I really don't think it's worth leaving over Dave. Plus it would be a great loss to the forum.

Fourthed - please don't either of you leave!

At this juncture may I add Queen Kristina of Sweden was one bug eyed monster.

Not up Mc£'s usual high standards..

Seconded!!

Fourthed - please don't either of you leave!

Fifthed. It not worth leaving over this.

IMO, no discussion or argument will ever end if everyone want to have the last word. Let's move on once we had our say and let others make up their own minds regarding our opinions?

Words of much encouragement gents, and thank you. I shall be staying and try and not let things get to me so much. Brandon aka brg, this is a BRITISH coin Forum and not an American one, we do here rip apart TPGs from America and even the one in the UK (CGS) you taking offence to me having my opinion was OTT and when we discuss this Topic (which is more than likely several times a year) it can run into pages upon pages, the last time we discussed CGS for instance, it ran into 15 page in 2 weeks.

So maybe think about where you are exactly, this isn't the coincommunity Forum where 95% of members are American and love slabs and toning (which is another subject) this is a great BRITISH Forum, the best on the web for British coin discussions and i don't want to be banned from here for getting riled at you, it's not worth it.

Anywy gents, thanks again for your encouraging words, i'm off to post in coin aquisition of the week now. :)

Nice you are back " Azda " even though it was only for a few hours. Like most on the Forum we enjoy

your posts and the odd " rants " and I think honestly 90 % of the members normally agree with much

of what you say. Most of us in the UK enjoy the " feel " of the Coin on our hands and the proper old

fashioned UK gradings standards . Nice your absence was only short lived !

Nice you are back " Azda " even though it was only for a few hours. Like most on the Forum we enjoy

your posts and the odd " rants " and I think honestly 90 % of the members normally agree with much

of what you say. Most of us in the UK enjoy the " feel " of the Coin on our hands and the proper old

Does that make me part of the 10% that normally agrees with a bit of what you say, Dave?

Or the 10% that from time to time agrees with much of what you say?

Or am I part of the 90% that occasionally doesn't agree with much of what you say?

Or the 90% that normally doesn't agree with a bit of what you say ... ? :lol:

Does that make me part of the 10% that normally agrees with a bit of what you say, Dave?

Or am I part of the 90% that occasionally doesn't agree with much of what you say?

Or the 90% that normally doesn't agree with a bit of what you say ... ? :lol:

:D:D

90% of the voting public normally agree with much of what David Cameron says.

Or the 90% that normally doesn't agree with a bit of what you say ... ? :lol:P

Sorry Peck. Could you put that all into PowerPoint pie chart for me, because I'm lost otherwise! Maybe bagpipes in the background and a Venn diagram would help too ... or maybe I just need a glass of Scotch.

Edited by TomGoodheart

Or the 90% that normally doesn't agree with a bit of what you say ... ? :lol:P

Sorry Peck. Could you put that all into PowerPoint pie chart for me, because I'm lost otherwise! Maybe bagpipes in the background and a Venn diagram would help too ... or maybe I just need a glass of Scotch.

Could I get Desperate Dan to put it into a PowerPie for you instead?

Could I get Desperate Dan to put it into a PowerPie for you instead?

As we're discussing Dave maybe it should be Minnie the Minx ... I seem to remember she's a hot heeded Scot! :P