British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
pies

confession time

Just bought one of these :ph34r:

http://www.londonmintoffice.org/british-coins-britannia-penny/

Purely cos i like it.I know it overpriced and almost worthless and wont increase in value but i dont really care :D :D

sorry all :P

LOL If we only bought what other people said was 'worthwhile' it wouldn't be a very satisfying hobby! If you like it, why not? I don't really see the appeal of quite a lot of the farthings and I know quite a few here don't 'get' hammered coins, but it would be no fun if we were all after the same thing, would it?

A collection is a purely personal thing and that's the point. It's about collecting things that appeal to and mean something to us - after all, we're the ones that have to live with it (and hopefully enjoy it). Enjoy your penny pies!

We all like different things.Charlie 1/- are not my thing (I do have a few)I collect what I like and that includes everything.New issue stuff will burn your pocket.But Hey :)

http://www.londonmin...ritannia-penny/

Purely cos i like it.I know it overpriced and almost worthless and wont increase in value but i dont really care :D :D

Fair price for what it is IMHO, long tradition of coins like this in France monnaie argente et dore often fetch a premium

David

Buy what YOU like and not what others think.........Its your collection and not ours. Not everyone agrees, but we don't have to stare at it. You'll only get advice if overpriced or overgraded and overpriced here

Nothing wrong with that coin pies. Nice and shiny.... My precioussss! :P

LOL the world's commonest coin! Still, if you like it, and you're happy to buy from a company that spells "wholly" as "wholey", who am I to criticise? :D

LOL the world's commonest coin! Still, if you like it, and you're happy to buy from a company that spells "wholly" as "wholey", who am I to criticise? :D

Are you now enrolled in their £40 per month scam scheme?

:lol:

nope phoned up and stopped that lark before it started. i just liked the coin i have a few nice pennies but i dare not handle them.this one can live in the wallet if i like :P

This coin is certainly not the worlds most common coin if you look at the mintages of USA cents in the last 20 years you might think it is comparatively rare!

unfortunately it has as much investment appeal as a common usa cent :lol:

This coin is certainly not the worlds most common coin if you look at the mintages of USA cents in the last 20 years you might think it is comparatively rare!

unfortunately it has as much investment appeal as a common usa cent :lol:

At least you can still spend the cent though!

oh by the way you are now on the london mint co. s "sucker list"

Expect a pile of worthless rubbish to end up behind your door very shortly, and hours of fun staving off lawyers who want to bankrupt you if you dont pay like a good boy. :(

Err, to be honest I would rather have all my finger and toe nails pulled out than have anything to do with that or such business practices. It's crap and will always be crap - next year, in 100 years, in 1000 years. Covered in gold, covered in honey, coated in cocaine, layered in pure Justin Bieber saliva, digitally signed by all of the Beatles including the dead ones, encrusted with meteorite from planet Elvis .... still crap.

I think you already know that though!

I leave you lot alone for 10 minutes. I do despair.

I take it you do not like that coin then Mr Perkins? :P

You should see all the gold plated crap on eBay... That will really get your goat!

Err, to be honest I would rather have all my finger and toe nails pulled out than have anything to do with that or such business practices. It's crap and will always be crap - next year, in 100 years, in 1000 years. Covered in gold, covered in honey, coated in cocaine, layered in pure Justin Bieber saliva, digitally signed by all of the Beatles including the dead ones, encrusted with meteorite from planet Elvis .... still crap.

Ah, but now you're back Chris, have you seen this brilliant scheme we've all joined? You buy silver bullion coins from them and if you then recruit others to do the same you get your coins for free!! We're all going to be millionnaires!!

Just sign here ....

:P

You should see all the gold plated crap on eBay... That will really get your goat!

I don't look on ebay for coins, it would push me over the edge.

I don't look on ebay for coins, it would push me over the edge.

I think there should be more painted, plated, enameled, turned into ear rings coins. That'll make less of the unadulterated coins out there and the one's I've got more valuable. How about a bottomless wishing well anybody, I get a wish every time a coin is dropped down it.

Ah, but now you're back Chris, have you seen this brilliant scheme we've all joined? You buy silver bullion coins from them and if you then recruit others to do the same you get your coins for free!! We're all going to be millionnaires...!!

Just sign here ....

...this time next year! :lol:

Ah, but now you're back Chris, have you seen this brilliant scheme we've all joined? You buy silver bullion coins from them and if you then recruit others to do the same you get your coins for free!! We're all going to be millionnaires...!!

Just sign here ....

...this time next year! :lol:

I shall just go outside for a Monte Christo and a large malt...then pop up the road to be shafted by gypsies and sell the equity in my house.