British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

I prefer a mouse mat. :o

Lol. Trying to Double his money plus Adding the "free" postage cost on top

That might be a soft strike or a worn die (or something) on the obverse.

The reverse is much better.

I'm thinking the same as you, Garrett! I'm definitely thinking cleaned, though!

The tone of all his bronze coins is unnatural and too consistent, which suggests dipping. I may be wrong though.

The tone of all his bronze coins is unnatural and too consistent, which suggests dipping. I may be wrong though.

I'll bet you're not.

That might be a soft strike or a worn die (or something) on the obverse. The reverse is much better.

I'll bet you're not.

Well we all know who it is and what he does. I'll agree with AC though, all his copper/Bronze has had a dip, the colour is almost always the same. I'll also dip my toe in and say overgraded as this is also consistent with this seller, usually by 1 whole grade

I think on this occasion (at least viewing on the phone) that he's not a million miles away, if he's saying AU, which it looks like he is to me? At the very least an EF...better than that IMHO!

A real shame about the tone! However, I wouldn't shy away from it if it was really cheap...a patient wait in a coin cabinet would coax the colour back a little bit, it doesn't look abraided at least?

I so hope he isn't routinely dipping copper/bronze in the mistaken belief he's doing the right thing?

There's that other seller (forget his name now, who's caught me twice), who routinely dips ALL his silver! Brings tears!

I'll bet you're not.

I think he adjusts the color balance on his camera also...his coins all have the same tone!

I think on this occasion (at least viewing on the phone) that he's not a million miles away, if he's saying AU, which it looks like he is to me? At the very least an EF...better than that IMHO!

A real shame about the tone! However, I wouldn't shy away from it if it was really cheap...a patient wait in a coin cabinet would coax the colour back a little bit, it doesn't look abraided at least?

I so hope he isn't routinely dipping copper/bronze in the mistaken belief he's doing the right thing?

There's that other seller (forget his name now, who's caught me twice), who routinely dips ALL his silver! Brings tears!

He routinely dips, but not in the belief he's doing the right thing, but in the belief that if he dips it, it will up the grade and he'll be able to rip another unsuspecting punter off. Bear in mind this is Martin Platt Stuart, he knows what he's doing and we know why. Edited by azda

What on earth is this?

What on earth is this?

Whatever it is, he wants a whole Lotta Geld for a half Sovereign

What on earth is this?

Whatever it is, he wants a whole Lotta Geld for a half Sovereign

Dave look at the date.

Probably Balkan, made to go in a Vasilopita or Basil cake. Only one per cake, and the recipient gets good luck for the year to come. A bit like silver 3d in a Christmas pud, it's an Orthodox tradition for, I think, New Year.

You see plenty of these in brass or gilt, some of which have Greek lettering but nearly always with an impossible date. A bit like brass Spade Guineas. Gold coins are rare, but not unknown.

Edited by bagerap

Darn, I was hoping the recipient got a better prize! Well, it is Saturday night after all....

Here's a few in brass, mixed dates and alphabets:

post-7115-0-33108000-1389481203_thumb.jp

Cyber money.

Wikki is your place to read up on it.

It has exploded in the last year...I missed the boat. :(

I've seen a few similar ads recently, especially on US eBay. Has anyone the faintest idea what this is?

Here's another.

Cyber money.

One well known pop star turned down the chance to be paid in bitcoins some years back and is now cursing that. Another guy had literally millions in bitcoins on his computer's hard drive but forgot to transfer them to a new computer. Last seen vainly poring over several acres of a landfill site.

I actually have about 15,000 Linden dollars, but I don't think they are going to go the same way as they can only be used in Second Life!

Edited by Peckris

Cyber money.

No need to feel you've missed the boat, Peter…. I have 10,000 Accumulatorbenefit Bitcoins which I'd be happy to pass off sell you for just £1 each! :D

Health warning: Remember that the value of any investment is far more likely to go down rather than up but don't let that put you off.

I would happily pay you £1 for each of your pennies.

240 X face bet yer can't resist. ;)