British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Fidgycoins

wow look at these bargains

i recently brought 4 coins of a website (petercoins) i paid only an amazing £4.00 for these and they are great

1838 halfpenny

1853 halfpenny

1853 halfpenny

1854 halfpenny

view the images to see please reply to what you think of this deal and what they are worth now please

post-4049-1195571217_thumb.jpg

They're worth about £4! One is very worn, one very polished, one very damaged and the other has verdigris.

Well worth £4 of course because of the history and the dates themselves will fill holes. Have you seen my sales listings for halfpennies:

http://www.predecimal.com/british-coins-ha...c-51_32_41.html

There are some cheap ones there too.

no i can sell these easily more then £4.00 and i will trust me and yes i have seen your coins i brought some and other stuff every week

I expect you could easily find a novice to give you £2 each, but I'd certainly sell them for £1 each. I'd feel guilty asking much more! Good luck, I hope you can make £10 out of them!

No disrespect Fidgy but I've thrown away better coins.

Buy the best you can afford and don't get carried away by Ebay.

NEVER buy 20C farthings from Ebay...check out the dealers 1st

I always find a day out at a coin fair puts things into perspective. ;)

Never buy farthings unless you can find them in quantity, I still haven't. Out of 6000+ predecimal coins, I have a mere 28 farthings. They didn't stick around long enough in circulation, being phased out in 1956, that they didn't make it to D-day to get demonetized and hoarded.

tbh i still think i recieved a complete bargain i been looking just for an 1838 halfpenny for ages and cheapest was around £4.00 and i werent willing to pay that for a worn coin and instead i got tht coin +++ three more to sell and yer i will put them on ebay as that is the best place for me to sell as i earn a mint out of it view my feedback if you dont believe i brought a coin from america for 98p and it sold for £50.00 on ebay the item numbers are below

280167843830 what i brought it for

190171061133 what i sold it for

please view these

and if some people can please advise me did i get a good buy on this coin i think i did but not to sure now

200173028280 1860 penny

thanks hope to hear from you soon as the one who said you chuck coins away better then them please keep them ill have them in future

tbh i still think i recieved a complete bargain i been looking just for an 1838 halfpenny for ages and cheapest was around £4.00 and i werent willing to pay that for a worn coin and instead i got tht coin +++ three more to sell and yer i will put them on ebay as that is the best place for me to sell as i earn a mint out of it view my feedback if you dont believe i brought a coin from america for 98p and it sold for £50.00 on ebay the item numbers are below

280167843830 what i brought it for

190171061133 what i sold it for

please view these

and if some people can please advise me did i get a good buy on this coin i think i did but not to sure now

200173028280 1860 penny

thanks hope to hear from you soon as the one who said you chuck coins away better then them please keep them ill have them in future

An entrepreneur in the making.

You can get lucky sometimes, but it's hard work trying and can become very tiring after a while. I admire people that buy and sell on ebay (properly I mean, not just with endless suppies of new items) but you'll need to continue a lucky streak.

On a related note, your grading of coins is very suspect. All I've seen have been overgraded or have had a higher grade implied. But, that in itself is common on ebay and the real collectors know what they're doing.

• Like 1

Adding to what CP said, the coins don't look like something I would even bid £1 for, as they are tampered with, ie cleaned etc.

But there are always novices out there that think they're on to something and over grade the coins themselves, from the pictures. Buyer beware and all that. It all comes down to knowledge....and when neither buyer or seller have much of it, then things sometimes sell for falsely inflated prices!

none of my coins are cleaned inless of course they are cleaned before i get them by some one stupid i get good deals quite alot another was an 1841 penny and a few halpennys which are mint with lustre i only grade my coins from what i buy them as

You mean you believe what other people say!? Sounds like you will want a copy of the Official British Coin Grading Guide, soon to be published by me (title TBC). It might just revolutionise the way eBay sell modern (post 1797) British Coins!

hi from the begining again i have listed one of the coins in auction and already making more then what i paid not a lot but we will see how much it makes at the end

190177494296 the item number

and the others in my shop which has had a few interest in them already might earn around £15

and of all of em put together

From 2007 mr cartwheel

Mr Cartwheel Twopence

No no - it's a double-barrelled name : Cartwheel-Twopence (Grandpa was Cartwheel, Grandma was Twopence ;) )

No no - it's a double-barrelled name : Cartwheel-Twopence (Grandpa was Cartwheel, Grandma was Twopence ;) )

Hey! It is my favorite coin, so I felt as though it should be my chosen forum name! :rolleyes: (Well, actually my fav coin is the gothic crown - but that wouldn't sound very good...) :)

Hey! It is my favorite coin, so I felt as though it should be my chosen forum name! :rolleyes: (Well, actually my fav coin is the gothic crown - but that wouldn't sound very good...) :)

I can't really criticise - as you will no doubt have noticed, my avatar is one also. :)

Hey! It is my favorite coin, so I felt as though it should be my chosen forum name! :rolleyes:

And a jolly good name it is too, CT! :)

Perhaps I should change my name to Old&Hammered ... just a thought.

:lol:

Perhaps I should change my name to Old&Hammered ... just a thought.

:lol:

As long as it's not Old Hammered & Bent.. :lol:

Yes, I do think TG should change his name to 'crease me up' or maybe even 'been snipped'?