British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

PWA 1967

1867 Penny F53 6+G , UNC.

What a beauty. Funnily enough I got a nice one from Baldwins a couple of months ago, but this is superb.

• Like 1

Some of the MS64 RB coins are really special; also I will try to dig out a picture of one "detailed" for a small DIE CRACK! It was an 1871 and beautiful as well....

On 1/27/2024 at 6:12 PM, VickySilver said:

Some of the MS64 RB coins are really special; also I will try to dig out a picture of one "detailed" for a small DIE CRACK! It was an 1871 and beautiful as well....

Why would they ‘detail’ a die-crack? Is that standard practice, or a crazy one off?

Yes, I will try to post the coin in the next couple of days if any interested. The 1871 is a rare date that I had been looking for a good example of. Very similar to the 1867 above (except for the die crack).

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 12:40 AM, VickySilver said:

Yes, I will try to post the coin in the next couple of days if any interested. The 1871 is a rare date that I had been looking for a good example of. Very similar to the 1867 above (except for the die crack).

I'd be interested in seeing it. 1871 is very tough, even in mid grades, heck even few in junk.

Oh, thanks for catching me as I forgot! I was so mad as I am quite familiar with NGC and PCGS grading and should have been a "64"; I subsequently got one (1871) that did go "64". Will try to locate the other 1871.....

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 7:57 PM, VickySilver said:

Oh, thanks for catching me as I forgot! I was so mad as I am quite familiar with NGC and PCGS grading and should have been a "64"; I subsequently got one (1871) that did go "64". Will try to locate the other 1871.....

Yeah - 1864 is also very tough in higher grades.

LOL, yes well should have spelled out that the 1871 was graded MS 64 Red Brown. But I do believe that either 1864 (plain or serif) are quite rare in mint state, Red, Brown or RB - have to rate it scarcer than 1871 certainly.

• Like 1