British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

copper123

Any garden pics this year?

We must have had  a good soak last night as there was plenty of water in the pot saucers this morning. Having said that, today's 'thunder weather warning' never materialised.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Peckris 2 said:

We must have had  a good soak last night as there was plenty of water in the pot saucers this morning. Having said that, today's 'thunder weather warning' never materialised.

Nor round here either. As soon as the residual rain cloud cleared late morning, it was just sunny for the rest of the day. Actually it was nice to sit in the living room and feel comfortable instead of uncomfortably hot.

Due to get hot again over the next couple of days. Beyond that, there is a possibility it might turn cooler and more unsettled generally, but especially in the North and West.  

My Dracunculus vulgaris has flowered this year but instead of the usual 1 flower we have 5, 4 are now open and the stinking of rotting meat is terrible if you get within a couple of feet! 🤢😁

Screenshot_20230621_101129_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Thank god for the recent rain we have needed it up north as well - I do know that the south is pretty desperate so presume its been very wellcome

Edited by copper123

1 hour ago, copper123 said:

Thank god for the recent rain we have needed it up north as well - I do know that the south is pretty desperate so presume its been very wellcome

Very much so - although the new grass (turf) I had fitted in April did really well for rain in the first few weeks, the long dry spell caused it to begin to look faded and for the individual squares to be seen.  Should have used a hose on it.

As it is, my rain gauge measured 77.4 mm (about 3 inches) of rain up to 9am yesterday - a good soak over 3 days.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, Nonmortuus said:

My Dracunculus vulgaris has flowered this year but instead of the usual 1 flower we have 5, 4 are now open and the stinking of rotting meat is terrible if you get within a couple of feet! 🤢😁

Screenshot_20230621_101129_Gallery.jpg

Replace with night scented stocks - they are much nicer esp in august - really easy to grow as well...

• Like 3

The Campanula have flowered. Almost overpowering everything else

Campanula bunch.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fubar said:

The Campanula have flowered. Almost overpowering everything else

Campanula bunch.jpg

Yes mine are fantastic this year as well

these things are in the news again this year - cue the synthesisers_130204572_gettyimages-1485078125.jpg.webp

Theres always someone who does not know about these things - this years chump is-

_130204574_daniellogan.jpg.webp

Edited by copper123

I think the .webp is the problem - if you could repost the links just as .jpg it won't insist I download them (I tried removing the .webp but nothing doing)

I thought you might like to have a look at the Rhus in my garden  as this year its the most amazing red I've ever seen it.

1568531797_Rhusoct2023-.thumb.JPG.2039883689d9ac8601689e9e0fb023f3.JPG

• Like 7

This summer was not a patch on last year, but seemed wetter.

My banana flowered this year, a full month earlier than last year, almost like what it needed was warm and wet, not hot and dry!

DSC02211.jpeg.74ed5eacd6fa17759f66d4aa963053fd.jpeg

• Like 5

Do you get any fruit from the bananas?  We are now into spring that has been cool so far but tomorrow 34 deg.C is forecast for Brisbane.

Middle of October and our Passiflora is still covered in flowers.

Passiflora.thumb.jpg.4a2d25af0933cd5045dc90a102ca835b.jpg

• Like 5

deerdeer.jpg

Edited by copper123

On 10/15/2023 at 8:51 AM, ozjohn said:

Do you get any fruit from the bananas?  We are now into spring that has been cool so far but tomorrow 34 deg.C is forecast for Brisbane.

No- wrong variety- this is Musa Basjoo- root hardy.

• Like 1

image.png.ed7522e6c5d375ece7283ccbea711d78.png

"Where's my briefcase?"

• Haha 1

Fruiting bananas, are in most back yards from Sydney northwards with Coffs Harbor a major banana growing area on the north coast of NSW . There is even a tourist attraction called the big banana at Coffs. It's my daughter and grandson in the picture. On a more serious note banana growing is threatened by Panama disease with growers looking for different cultivars of banana to replace the cavendish banana that originated at Chatsworth in the UK.

DSC00191.JPG

does the Big Banana go down well with the Big Cheese?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peckris 2 said:

does the Big Banana go down well with the Big Cheese?

There' a Big Cheese at Bordalla on the south coast of NSW. Australia has lots of BIG things for example the Big Pineapple at Nambour, Qld, The Big Prawn at Ballana, NSW and the Big Marino at Goulburn, NSW plus many more. Don't forget the Big Gumboot at Tully, Qld. and the Big Cane Toad at Sarina, Qld. If you want something big Australia has it all.

Big pumpkins this year I would imagine one or two have reached half a ton in Europe and the states

download.jpg

OIP.jpg

Edited by copper123

Sad day for me yesterday, seeing my lovely Cherry tree like this! 😭

It was a mature tree over 40 years ago when we moved in, but now seen it's day, and had to go before it dropped on someone's head.

Logs Sized.jpg

• Sad 4

I cannot tell a lie...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

well at least you'll be warm this winter!