copper123 Posted September 27, 2018 Posted September 27, 2018 (edited) Don't forget that variety of 1861 Halfpenny with the boatymcboatface reverse Edited September 27, 2018 by copper123 3 Quote
mrbadexample Posted December 5, 2019 Author Posted December 5, 2019 1874. I think this is F317: obverse 9 reverse K. I've not much to go on, but Freeman notes that "Usually the date numerals are widely spaced and low in the exergue". Is that what I'm seeing here? Quote
mrbadexample Posted December 5, 2019 Author Posted December 5, 2019 I can't see anything about the obverse to discount 9. Quote
Stuntman Posted December 15, 2019 Posted December 15, 2019 I applaud your enthusiasm and diligence, but to paraphrase one or two others on here - all I'm seeing is either 'rang tang' or 'a thrower' 😋 1 Quote
mrbadexample Posted December 15, 2019 Author Posted December 15, 2019 5 hours ago, Stuntman said: I applaud your enthusiasm and diligence, but to paraphrase one or two others on here - all I'm seeing is either 'rang tang' or 'a thrower' 😋 Yeah, I know but I like a challenge. Thing is, if it is F317 then it's R16. If it was a penny that rare someone would still want it even in that state. Quote
mrbadexample Posted January 10, 2020 Author Posted January 10, 2020 Looking for a decent picture of Freeman ½d obverse 12, I searched for F322 as the only one to have this obverse. Can someone confirm my suspicion that this is actually F321? Or at least, not the F322 it purports to be? Cheers, Jon Quote
Rob Posted January 10, 2020 Posted January 10, 2020 F321. It's reverse J and the rose isn't sharp as on obv. 13. At £50 hammer, clearly nobody was convinced. Quote
Mr T Posted January 11, 2020 Posted January 11, 2020 6 hours ago, mrbadexample said: Looking for a decent picture of Freeman ½d obverse 12, I searched for F322 as the only one to have this obverse. I think the R in BRITT is slightly rotated on obverse 12. But halfpenny obverses 11 and 12 are probably the worst to try and differentiate. Quote
mrbadexample Posted January 11, 2020 Author Posted January 11, 2020 5 hours ago, Mr T said: I think the R in BRITT is slightly rotated on obverse 12. But halfpenny obverses 11 and 12 are probably the worst to try and differentiate. Cheers. I saw that Obverse 12 is only paired with Reverse L so I was actually checking the reverse to make sure I was getting the right obverse for my picture. It wasn't L as far as I could see, so something had to be wrong... 1 Quote
mrbadexample Posted January 15, 2020 Author Posted January 15, 2020 F282? Not 100% on the obverse. Quote
Bernie Posted January 15, 2020 Posted January 15, 2020 6 hours ago, mrbadexample said: F282? Not 100% on the obverse. Definately 7+G Freeman 282 Definately 7+G Freeman 282 Quote
Bronze & Copper Collector Posted January 15, 2020 Posted January 15, 2020 8 hours ago, mrbadexample said: F282? Not 100% on the obverse. Yes.... Quote
mrbadexample Posted January 15, 2020 Author Posted January 15, 2020 I have great difficulty distinguishing between obverses 4, 6 & 7, so that's reassuring, thanks. Quote
mrbadexample Posted January 17, 2020 Author Posted January 17, 2020 Ok, time to see if the homework is paying off. I'd very much like this to be F328 please: Quote
Peckris 2 Posted January 17, 2020 Posted January 17, 2020 I haven't got Freeman to hand, but if F328 refers to the wide date reverse then yours is definitely that. 1 Quote
mrbadexample Posted January 18, 2020 Author Posted January 18, 2020 Marvellous. The seller's pictures were somewhat out of focus so the condition's better than I hoped for. If that was a penny of similar rarity (e.g. F14) it'd be popular. Quote
mrbadexample Posted January 18, 2020 Author Posted January 18, 2020 No Freeman number but I think 11+J? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.