Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

HistoricCoinage

Coin Dealer
  • Posts

    1,771
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Everything posted by HistoricCoinage

  1. Not all that secret...
  2. The sale price was 25 grand, but it wasn't sold for that.
  3. He told one bidder that they were so "nieve". Oh the irony...
  4. He's not threatening me yet, but he's threatening the bidders who inflated the price with legal action. He has no leg to stand on but it's amusing watching him squirm. Just one of his messages to the winning bidder: "Your antics will be reported, i have the message you sent prior so ebay will know you intentionally interfeared with an auction, this is a serious breach of ebay policy, anyone else you got involved with this will also be dealt with the same way, ile be getting you removed from ebay permenantly as with the other ebay members who joined your stupid idiotic interfearance, that will then of course be on you. I now of course also have your address details to send a court summons for costs and damages, Well done. Fool"
  5. The threatening messages have already started... He's also had the cheek to second chance it to several underbidders!
  6. We had a run-in several years back. Nothing came of it. Yes, I remember the triple unite - thankfully it got removed.
  7. Just before I receive another legal threat from Mr Stocks regarding 'defamation', these statements are true. I provide some further case studies of misidentification for Saxby's financial gain here: Common class 10 Edward I farthing listed as one of Edward IV. What looks to be a Henry V penny listed as Richard III. Richard II penny of York listed as Richard III halfpenny. And the list goes on...
  8. Yep, a simple search revealed that there are countless people wanting to stop Saxby's ripping £1000s off people each weeks so they deliberately bid up this to make a point and then cancelled the purchase.
  9. The reason for this was artificial bids. The coin is not Richard I but Henry III. Saxby's are always selling coins misdescribed and commit fraud each week. I suspect that this coin was picked out as one example to make a point to Benjamin Stocks. but I await to see.
  10. Must be one of those The London Mint Office sovereigns that's multipurpose.
  11. Tops. First issue is the best of a bad bunch. Luckily the rarity of the reign keeps the prices up a bit, but even for the best issue this one is a bit grim. True, but Ipswich is a scarcer mint of this type, if I'm not mistaken.
  12. Not showing for me.
  13. The photograph doesn't make it clear but I'd say IELFPINE ON GIP which would make it Ælfwine. As for what it could fetch, entirely depends on where you're listing it. But I'd expect £1,250 - £1,500.
  14. I tried to sell an Iranian banknote on eBay but wasn't allowed. Current examples on the site have huge spaces so it reads I R A N instead.
  15. Don't rest on your laurels too much, sir. I thought it looked familiar.
  16. Looking at your site, some nice coins! However, you appear to be trading under the same name as a long-established dealer who's also on this forum... (http://www.rpcoins.co.uk/)
  17. Please see your PM inbox.
  18. Welcome!
  19. Looks very much like a modern reproduction.
  20. The large bids would not have aided the removal, but the reports. The large, fake bids would only have prevented it from going into unsuspecting hands...at least those unsuspecting hands without a spare £15k.
  21. I'll see if I can get some scans from the Fitz. but it might not be until next week, although I suspect it might be just as productive by email - perhaps shoot an email Martin's way, if not I'll ask Rory nicely.
  22. Have you tried emailing Jeff Cope?
×
×
  • Create New...