Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Its hard to be sure from the images but is there a larger gap between the right hand prong of the trident and the linear circle on the 1/50 coin and Citizen H coin?
  3. I found 1 that's similar. Thats 1/50 coins checked, the rest match those of Richard and Paddy.
  4. Today
  5. Mine matches the left hand version and @secret santa's, so I guess is the normal one:
  6. On my own 1887 penny, her left hand index finger is also hideously deformed !
  7. Crikey, that escalated. I'm used to seeing that kind of stuff on football forums, but never expected to see it on a coin forum. Nor hope to again.
  8. @Citizen H when I was looking at your coin I noticed this: (The right image is your coin) There appears to be a difference in the arrangement of the fingers.
  9. DrLarry has voluntarily left the forum, only his last comment above remains visible. Absence of Uniformity, it's not the first time you've rubbed someone up the wrong way. 👀 ___________________________________________________________ < line drawn under it.
  10. You need to stop this sort of thing right now !
  11. Yesterday
  12. Or is it simply a class 9 legend error? It does look as though that rust has gone right through the flan?
  13. In this example the letters, especially the W & A, and also the obverse legend is wrong for starters! Maybe a Class 5-style pellet on chest, not sure? I don’t have the coin in-hand, yet, but would probably be looking to sell it anyway. Can anyone share some insight into it? I know very little about the continental imitations themselves?
  14. Never a dull moment on here. Always some drama 😆
  15. I'd say EF myself. "I can imagine loads are around in VGC being kept as a "Ooooooooooh this will be worth loads in years to come!?!" so not expecting a huge value on it...." There were certainly collectors back then, but tended to collect hammered and early milled. Even by 1926 (the date of Spink's Milled Coinage) coins of Edward VII and later were considered too modern to be of interest, and 1887 collectors or even members of the public would have put them aside purely as mementoes, no thought they would be worth anything in years to come. In that condition I'd rate it about £40+ if the colour is good (not what the photo shows).
  16. With initial findings of 10% I don’t think we can get too excited about scarcity, though! I reckon there’ll be more than enough to go round!
  17. Just butthurt you got called out and exposed for talking rubbish about looking at 1000 coins 🤣 It's fascinating to see you preach about the obligation to welcome new collectors in one breath, and then hurl insult because someone simply offered findings of 40 coins looked at 4 examples found.
  18. You seem to be a somewhat stupid man or women and seem limited in your understanding of the rules of statistical analysis. It's not my job to teach you even the basics of modelling estimated numbers and I have little or no desire to so. You illustrated perfectly what is fundamentally a failure of this forum. Although I'm assuming you are new to It's values you may be an accomplished collector. But you need to consider a broader purpose which is to encourage and enhance the enjoyment of a past time common to those here. Unless the environment is welcoming and fulfilling one the joy of predecimal collecting for new visitors ir retuning ones will die. To me it matters not how you choose to approach your membership but being an ignorant stupid person only you have to live with. Your methodology is as flawed as your personality.
  19. a 1887 Victorian Penny.... as you may know.. I'm not really a fan of Copper Penny's , however they did over the years end up in the box I'm working through, this one although a common date seem to be quite a clean one, dare I venture to mention possibly uncirculated?? opinion's welcome...👍 being a Coronation date I can imagine loads are around in VGC being kept as a "Ooooooooooh this will be worth loads in years to come!?!" so not expecting a huge value on it..... 🤔
  20. Im going to stop there at 4/40.
  21. As sample size grows the numbers are coming down 4 of 36 now.
  22. Another one 4/16 (Not the best picture) but can clearly see.
  23. Would the terminology be lozenge shaped? They look lozenge rather than square. Stu.
  24. Last week
  25. My analysis was purely based on numbers presented to me by the tiny short sample. I didnt purchase anything. I do actively look for documented/published types, and keep my eye out for anything out the ordinary although I dont collect halfpennies I have gathered a fair few of the overdates and found a few rarer pairings, I find the series alot more complicated than pennies and I dont get the same thrill. I think because the HP's lack the popularity of the Penny Im not so driven to invest the time to search.
  26. A quick small random sample of 12 coins, and instantly find 3 examples, I think itis fair to assume the surviving population is actually quite high. A 25% frequency out of such a small sample suggests this wasnt a rare occurrence from a single pair of die imo which is not worth much 😉
  27. heres another not on ebay. Just found a third also. so not including your coins thats 3 in 10mins.
  28. This 1865 is on ebay listed as square colons.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...