British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
milou

NEW COLLECTOR

Hi i am john from Greece and i am a gold sovereign collector.I am happy to be with you.Thanks a lot.

Welcome aboard, John! I know there's a prominent member here who set up a gold sovereign website. He might be a good contact along the way?

Regarding your other post about a CGS grade for your coin, I think you'll find a lot of people on here still haven't fathomed their system?

For my own part I have seen so many inconsistencies in their product, that I have also never troubled myself to understand it.

The short answer to your question is CGS will give you the precise answer you are looking for. If they don't, then you might need to question why you are using them?

Enjoy the forum, there are some very intelligent men of coins on here! :)

He's sending to NGC stewie :D welcome John from Greece.

Oh, whoops! :)

Regarding your other post about an NGC grade for your coin. I think you'll find a lot of people on here still haven't fathomed their system?

For my own part I have seen so many inconsistencies in their product, that I have also never troubled myself to understand it. ;)

Regarding your other post about an NGC grade for your coin. I think you'll find a lot of people on here still haven't fathomed their system?

For my own part I have seen so many inconsistencies in their product, that I have also never troubled myself to understand it. ;)

:lol: Love that Stu will give the same answer regardless of the TPG :lol:

:lol:

John I have seen some of your coins on another forum. You have some beautiful sovereigns, and this is the very best forum to show them. Do you still have that George IV 1827? One of my favourites.

Yes my friend i have it.With my ANSELL 1859 VARIETY is one of my favorite gold sovereign coin.I appreciate if and other sovereign collectors put photos from their coins for conversation..

Hello John,

Are you also the chap that tends to loiter on facebook, posting pics of amazing coins among the (mostly) Olympic 50p's, coloured snowmen and Tristan Da Cunha medallions?

Hi John! Glad you finally found predecimal. I think you'll find it better than coincommunity other forums for expertise on British coins!

:P

That might be aydin edzen (ithink thats his name) Chris. Alan from MHcoins who is on here seems to know him particularly well.

Hi John! Glad you finally found predecimal. I think you'll find it better than coincommunity other forums for expertise on British coins!

:P

Ηι Tom!!!! :o You are here also!!!I am very happy to find you. B)B)B)B)

That might be aydin edzen (ithink thats his name) Chris. Alan from MHcoins who is on here seems to know him particularly well.

Yes, that name rings a bell! False alarm here.

Hello John,

Are you also the chap that tends to loiter on facebook, posting pics of amazing coins among the (mostly) Olympic 50p's, coloured snowmen and Tristan Da Cunha medallions?

Νο no chris i am not him

Isn't Aiden the guy Chris kicked off of the Forum a while ago?.... :o

Blimey, no, this other fellow has a Turkish? (or Eastern of some kind) looking name.

The other Aiden was the one that worshipped Ian Paisley like a god and then started to become offensive very quickly.

Aydin Ezen is his name. He has a gold collection that might probably be on par with the Bently collection. Everything goes to PCGS, so it should be easily found, he is as you say Chris Turkish and from Ankara i believe but lives in London. Alan from MHCOINS knows him

Edited by azda

How do you know all this stuff, Sherlock? Don't you ever sleep? B)

Lol.....i stay awake at night ;)

This is his ebay name, shfae1, he has a couple of coins for sale

Yes my friend i have it.With my ANSELL 1859 VARIETY is one of my favorite gold sovereign coin.I appreciate if and other sovereign collectors put photos from their coins for conversation..

I often wondered as a farthing collector if the 1859 Ansell variety dies had ever made the transition to the farthing world like many other sovereign dies at the time...unlikely I know, but I would have liked to have ruled it out. Is there any information out there to clarify one way or the other?

I often wondered as a farthing collector if the 1859 Ansell variety dies had ever made the transition to the farthing world like many other sovereign dies at the time...unlikely I know, but I would have liked to have ruled it out. Is there any information out there to clarify one way or the other?

Very interesting question dear Colin....

• Like 1

Well, if we remember that the "Ansell" coins were struck because of issues of gold alloy for the sovereign and that these were marked for RM followup and study (evidently) I would imagine none were carried over unless someone were to strike up some sport coins there at the midnight shift...

I just wondered whether there was any chance the Obverse die may have made it back into the stockpile.....I always keep an eye out, although it is likely to just be wishful thinking

Welcome John !

What a fantastic 1827 sovereign you have there, thanks for showing us.

I have but one sovereign, a Victoria Young Head Shield sovereign, which I like very much.

Cheers Garrett.