British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Norwich City :rolleyes:

Don't you mean Luton Town Peter? :P

My postmanperson. Who yet again popped a Sign For package through the door without getting a signature. Seriously, if I wasn't such an honest chap (and it'd cause a headache for the seller) I'd be tempted to say I never got it and demand compensation. Thankfully it was the correct address and it was untampered with, but I do worry one day it won't be ...

My postie does the same, and the previous one used to sign for special delivery ones himself then pop it through!!!! But I am very trusting so allow it. :rolleyes:

Our postie signs for everything.Almost part of the family.Our dog can tell when he is 100yds away and goes potty....but likes him....medium rare :)

Our postie signs for everything.Almost part of the family.Our dog can tell when he is 100yds away and goes potty....but likes him....medium rare :)

Being a country bumpkin, I have a regular postie who has become a friend. I am quite happy for him to sign for my packages as a) I trust him and B) it saves me the 3 mile drive the following day to get it from the sorting office.

Where did that bloody smiley come from?

Edited by Red Riley

Being a country bumpkin, I have a regular postie who has become a friend. I am quite happy for him to sign for my packages as a) I trust him and B) it saves me the 3 mile drive the following day to get it from the sorting office.

The emoticons are simply graphical replacements for sequences of text that look vaguely like smiley faces. Unfortunately, if you actually wanted to use a b followed by a closing round bracket - you can't. Most systems that use emoticons have a way to disable an emoticon (eg using a backslash to make the characters literal) but I haven't found one that works here.

Edited by Nick

The emoticons are simply graphical replacements for sequences of text that look vaguely like smiley faces. Unfortunately, if you actually wanted to use a b followed by a closing round bracket - you can't. Most systems that use emoticons have a way to disable an emoticon (eg using a backslash to make the characters literal) but I haven't found one that works here.

b ) B)

b ) B)

Yeah, a space sort of works, but any programmer worth their salt would provide a mechanism to override an otherwise default behaviour. :)

Edited by Nick

b ) B)

Yeah, a space sort of works, but any programmer worth their salt would provide a mechanism to override an otherwise default behaviour. :)

None of them are! :D I speak as an ex-programmer...

b ) B)

None of them are! :D I speak as an ex-programmer...

It's a pity we don't have a better range available. :(

Norwich City

norwich....nickers of ready when i come home.............

beats swalk any day :D

Norwich City

So what does City mean?

Norwich City

So what does City mean?

It means it's a big town with a Cathedral Rob. I'll get my coat!

Norwich City

So what does City mean?

It means it's a big town with a Cathedral Rob. I'll get my coat!

Sorry John, I was thinking in terms of acronyms.

Norwich City

So what does City mean?

Club In Trouble - Yikes! :D

Norwich City :rolleyes:

Don't you mean Luton Town Peter? :P

My postmanperson. Who yet again popped a Sign For package through the door without getting a signature. Seriously, if I wasn't such an honest chap (and it'd cause a headache for the seller) I'd be tempted to say I never got it and demand compensation. Thankfully it was the correct address and it was untampered with, but I do worry one day it won't be ...

I've had many recorded & special delivery items just chucked in the porch. I've never yet failed to receive anytthing, but I would much prefer to sign for it myself, later, at the local post office. As you say, Tom, an unscrupulous person could easily claim they never received the package ~ and nobody could prove them wrong.

On the coin front my pet hate is the 'me expert, you d*ckhead' attitude of many of the old school dealers.

On the general front...it banks at lunch times..despite still making £billions of pounds profits and despite almost 3 million people being out of work...at lunch times they still manage to have only a skeleton staff on the tills..of which one till is normall fully occupied by a retailer depositing their takings in numerous bags which take forever to be counted and effectively tie up 50% of the available two tills.

Oh...and Ryanair.

(Azda, do you want to mark my spelling and syntax)?

Oh...and Ryanair.

Michael O'Leary was walking down the road when he saw a pub with the sign "Draught Guiness €1.00 a pint"

So in Michael went and ordered his pint

"That'll be €1", says the barman ......................................

........................... "will you be wanting a glass with your Guiness, sir?"

:)

David

On the coin front my pet hate is the 'me expert, you d*ckhead' attitude of many of the old school dealers.

On the general front...it banks at lunch times..despite still making £billions of pounds profits and despite almost 3 million people being out of work...at lunch times they still manage to have only a skeleton staff on the tills..of which one till is normall fully occupied by a retailer depositing their takings in numerous bags which take forever to be counted and effectively tie up 50% of the available two tills.

Oh...and Ryanair.

(Azda, do you want to mark my spelling and syntax)?

Do you want to let a fox into the chicken run? :lol:

Oh...and Ryanair.

Michael O'Leary was walking down the road when he saw a pub with the sign "Draught Guiness €1.00 a pint"

So in Michael went and ordered his pint

"That'll be €1", says the barman ......................................

........................... "will you be wanting a glass with your Guiness, sir?"

:)

David

Michael O' Leary aka prize wanker ('scuse my French, but the way he treats passengers warrants it)

ITV

Any radio, TV or internet content with adverts for me, although ours are probably the most tolerable anywhere in the world

ITV

Any radio, TV or internet content with adverts for me, although ours are probably the most tolerable anywhere in the world

For the first time in a few months I ended up on ITV to watch the FA Cup last weekend. Why would anyone watch five minutes of play, then the same amount of adverts all repeated ad infinitum? I watched three games before stopping as it was excruciating. Given that I probably only turn on ITV four or five times in a year, this recent tale of woe reminded me that even this is too often. I wonder if they realise there is more to life than LCD programming? Just kidding, nobody could really expect them to raise the quality above current levels.

Edited by Rob

Grumpy old men.. :D

Grumpy old men.. :D

Now you've opened a can of worms!!

Screeching female "Muzak" in all the supermarkets

Prams! 'I have a child I demand right of way'

Undisciplined children with doting parents....

Oh! This could go on for a long time.....

By the way I'm a grumpy old man!

Having to give so much personal information to a random stranger in a Call centre in God-knows-where who says his name is "John", but really isnt called John..."So, John, you've lied to me in the first few seconds...so how is this conversation going to go?

Oh....and did I mention Ryanair?

ITV

For the first time in a few months I ended up on ITV to watch the FA Cup last weekend. Why would anyone watch five minutes of play, then the same amount of adverts all repeated ad infinitum? I watched three games before stopping as it was excruciating. Given that I probably only turn on ITV four or five times in a year, this recent tale of woe reminded me that even this is too often. I wonder if they realise there is more to life than LCD programming? Just kidding, nobody could really expect them to raise the quality above current levels.

You're not really a football fan, are you Rob? :D I can only think you switched on 5 minutes before half time - has no-one told you that even on ITV you get two entire halfs uninterrupted by ads? You must be thinking of Formula1, where ITV indeed interrupted the race for adverts at frequent intervals! (I wonder if Sky do the same, or if you get the whole race?)