British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

I hate xmas

Every year without fail something comes along and messes it up, last two years it has been massive chest infections. This year it is a lower infected wisdom tooth that was drilled and filled in January awaiting removal by a hospital that never bothered !.

Pain is not the word for this. It is doing my head in and has me on a very short fuse with no sleep for the last two days, every time I lay down it seems to hurt more, doc put me on amoxicillin today so maybe it will do something about it.. :angry::angry:

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I would strongly suggest you don't go to a doctor for issues relating to your teeth (or gums and jaw, come to that). This is not their area of expertise and they should refer you to your dentist. The antibiotic will tackle the infection but not the root (no pun intended) problem. Whether NHS or private, please take yourself along - you are clearly suffering trauma and they must see you.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I would strongly suggest you don't go to a doctor for issues relating to your teeth (or gums and jaw, come to that). This is not their area of expertise and they should refer you to your dentist. The antibiotic will tackle the infection but not the root (no pun intended) problem. Whether NHS or private, please take yourself along - you are clearly suffering trauma and they must see you.

I 100% second the above and, sorry to put a dampener on things, but your ABX will not provide you with any kind of pain relief for a number of days yet! Pain killers are not really that effective against this kind of pain, but codeine will help a bit if you can get your GP to prescribe them for you? Beware though codeine can make a lot of people extremely sick, not pleasant when opening your mouth fully is an issue! You'll be feeling better for Christmas!

Every year without fail something comes along and messes it up, last two years it has been massive chest infections. This year it is a lower infected wisdom tooth that was drilled and filled in January awaiting removal by a hospital that never bothered !.

Pain is not the word for this. It is doing my head in and has me on a very short fuse with no sleep for the last two days, every time I lay down it seems to hurt more, doc put me on amoxicillin today so maybe it will do something about it.. :angry::angry:

Anbesol, avaliable over the Chemist counter, works like oil of cloves but much more effect and none of the horrible aftertaste,

I stubbed my toe(and lost the nail) and I was given a type of Codeine which made the airing cupboard a radio receiver and a radiator play horse racing commentry on a loop.I hope you get sorted.BTW the Dancing Gypsy won at 10-1.

The following night I had 2 paracetamol and a glass of wine with a handle.

I stubbed my toe(and lost the nail) and I was given a type of Codeine which made the airing cupboard a radio receiver and a radiator play horse racing commentry on a loop.I hope you get sorted.BTW the Dancing Gypsy won at 10-1.

Codeine is an 'ine,' a close relative to diamorphine (heroine), people pay good money for a trip like your's! Did you back the horse?

I forget the stats, now, it does act as a hallucinogen for a number of people, not all, I think your reaction was at the top end of the drug's hallucinogenic potential.

Take paracetamol AND ibuprofen (if you're able), spreading the maximum recommended dose over 24hrs. Ibuprofen will take a little while to build up levels in your system, but it should help a bit!

Time for a disclaimer - read all the information provided with the drugs, and consult your GP/dentist...they're insured!

Good luck and happy Christmas, Gollum, you'll be fine!

I'm on 500mg ab and I have both paracetomol and ibuprofen here as well as 30mg codeine phosphate which I refuse to take, they make me feel sick all the time and sleepy.

Hospital and dentist refuse to remove it with an infction in place. I had the nerves drilled out after the last infection, but the dentist will not remove it because it is a lower jaw tooth and they send you to the hospital to have that done here. :angry:

Codeine is an 'ine,' a close relative to diamorphine (heroine), people pay good money for a trip like your's! Did you back the horse?

I forget the stats, now, it does act as a hallucinogen for a number of people, not all, I think your reaction was at the top end of the drug's hallucinogenic potential.

Take paracetamol AND ibuprofen (if you're able), spreading the maximum recommended dose over 24hrs. Ibuprofen will take a little while to build up levels in your system, but it should help a bit!

Time for a disclaimer - read all the information provided with the drugs, and consult your GP/dentist...they're insured!

Good luck and happy Christmas, Gollum, you'll be fine!

After spending the night talking to a horse at a green deserts fair after taking mushrooms,Lsd and magic Pizza...I've avoided everything.....ahhh the summer of love :) I'm now a fully recovered guy surviving on 53 cockburns port....and Mrs Peter's homemade Pizza which consists of Chilli,garlic,mushroom & pepper. :huh:

Well last Year my son was admitted to hospital with heunomia, had 12 different drips and was there over xmas and New year, we ate Hospital food xmas day.

When we eventually got him out of hospital he had a huge wound on his head that no one could explain, his hair has still Not grown back there almost a Year later, he was only 2 years Old then and already suffers from epilepsy and cerebal palsy. Bastards.......

Sorry to hear about the tooth infection Gollum. When my husband had a painfull abcess he found that placing a soluable Nurophen tablet ( Meltos I think they are called ) right next to the area it numbed the pain for a while.

Thank you Debbie,at present the infection seems to be in decline, a bit like my hair, the pain is still there but not so bad and the infection now feels like a gnawing niggling kind of thing as if the tooth has something under it trying to push it out but not as bad as yesterday. I had one once before that I took a dental pick too and burst in desperation, tasted foul but the relief was immediate. Hopefully it will be even better by tomorrow.

Regards

Garry

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, I asked for a book by Mr Gouby, wonder if it will come.

Oh joy, Boxing day, the best day of the year. Why? Because we're now as far away from Christmas Day as it's possible to be!

:( I didn't get my Gouby book, I got one called the illustrated encyclopedia of stamps and coins. I think my son wanted me to let him have it as he collects stamps now..... sneaky kids.

:( I didn't get my Gouby book, I got one called the illustrated encyclopedia of stamps and coins. I think my son wanted me to let him have it as he collects stamps now..... sneaky kids.

LOL I got the very same thing from my daughter. "I think there's perhaps one page that will interest you" she said, but actually it's quite fun just to look though.

Sorry to hear about the Gouby. Sounds like we'll both have to buy ourselves what we wanted!

Oh joy, Boxing day, the best day of the year. Why? Because we're now as far away from Christmas Day as it's possible to be!

Only 363 days till Christmas, that means, only 362 shopping days left :lol:

Dave, It seems like I've seen you post somewhere before...could it be Facebook? <ggggg>.

Lol, i like to make sure nobody misses it :)