British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

I'm the same age as my member thank you very much. Anyone whose isn't must have seen the film 'Percy'.

Which, in itself, dates you.

Makes me sound like a tree. You're not chopping off my legs to count the rings!!

oh thanks for idea. :huh:

i am 13 as i said

but feel 50 as i cannot go a day without getting hurt(even asleep)

strangly i like many of the things that Chris Perkins likes?

Who wouldn't like Kylie Minogue. I'm 32, but I haven't always been.

Who wouldn't like Kylie Minogue. I'm 32, but I haven't always been.

You can keep Kylie. Just drop off her cute lil derrière on your way through. ;)

I will stick to the wife...if it ain't broke.... ;)

53 going on 17.

I sometimes worry that I'm getting old....I can remeber my Dad reaching 50...and I'm almost there. :huh:

im pre-decimal!!!!

I sometimes worry that I'm getting old....I can remeber my Dad reaching 50...and I'm almost there. :huh:

According to Peter Kaye, you know you have turned into your dad when you put a stick aside for stirring paint...

Sadly I've got loads of paint stirring sticks secreted in various locations but I'm getting to the point now that I forget where I've put them.

Funnily enough, both my granny and my mum used to say that. It made a pair with the rainy day "Look - enough blue [in the sky] to mend a Dutchman's trousers"

My family variation on that was 'enough blue to make a sailor a pair of trousers'.

Yes, we were told the sailor variant also - except it was 'mend' in both cases, not 'make' (perhaps it was a smaller patch of blue sky? :D )

My mother always said "It's going to be sunny if there's enough sky to make an Englishman's trousers" followed by "Bloody Englishmen".

This was all in Welsh of course.

Funnily enough, both my granny and my mum used to say that. It made a pair with the rainy day "Look - enough blue [in the sky] to mend a Dutchman's trousers"

My family variation on that was 'enough blue to make a sailor a pair of trousers'.

Yes, we were told the sailor variant also - except it was 'mend' in both cases, not 'make' (perhaps it was a smaller patch of blue sky? :D )

My mother always said "It's going to be sunny if there's enough sky to make an Englishman's trousers" followed by "Bloody Englishmen".

She was North Wales I guess? As a Scouser we were always told that they were the "unfriendly lot" - mind you, putting up with scousers trailing through your country must be a bit irritating!

She was North Wales I guess? As a Scouser we were always told that they were the "unfriendly lot" - mind you, putting up with scousers trailing through your country must be a bit irritating!

Liverpool was never really an English town, before the great influx of Irish during the potato famine, it was known as "Little Wales beyond the Dee"

Both sets of my grandparents were Welsh speaking Liverpool Welsh living in Walton.

When I was a lad in Bootle, we had three churches with the notice boards in Welsh

:)

David

:-)

Liverpool was never really an English town, before the great influx of Irish during the potato famine, it was known as "Little Wales beyond the Dee"

Both sets of my grandparents were Welsh speaking Liverpool Welsh living in Walton.

When I was a lad in Bootle, we had three churches with the notice boards in Welsh

:)

David

:-)

The accent is certainly an unholy mix of Welsh and Irish :lol:

To be honest there are barely any in Aber these days, if they haven't discovered Ryanair they're in the great city of Borth up the way!

My mam always used to pretend to be a scouse child in Wales, often quoting "Look mam ma eye can see the sea!" or other proclamations of joy when they notice the sheep.

See, i knew the Welsh had a dislike of English (see my other post in newbie) :lol:

42 here. I must be getting old as I can increasingly see what Victor Meldrew was going on about these days....

Must be to do with having three daughters.... :blink:

Ha now there's the thing. When I first joined this forum I was 19... I'm now 26, I don't know quite where those years went mind but the strange thing is I now feel younger than I did back then!

As one of the founding members (back in the days when basically you me and young Oli used to use the forum for 3 way conversations!) you deserve a medal for that!

And, so many interesting and very useful contributions too. I remain in your debt Sylvester. Top man.

I think I was 25/26 when I started this. 32 now, and what a wonderful resource this place has become.

As one of the founding members (back in the days when basically you me and young Oli used to use the forum for 3 way conversations!) you deserve a medal for that!

Ha I remember those days Chris! What ever happened to Oli I wonder? To my mind a few others came later William, Master JMD etc. There may have been others, it was a while ago.

Well I always try to keep topics ticking along, in my own unique way. :)

Ha I remember those days Chris! What ever happened to Oli I wonder? To my mind a few others came later William, Master JMD etc.

I joined briefly in 2005 before rediscovering these joys in 2009, and back then Master JMD was one of the leading lights here (quite a youngster wasn't he?). Whatever happened to the young fellow?

Ha I remember those days Chris! What ever happened to Oli I wonder? To my mind a few others came later William, Master JMD etc.

I joined briefly in 2005 before rediscovering these joys in 2009, and back then Master JMD was one of the leading lights here (quite a youngster wasn't he?). Whatever happened to the young fellow?

Yes he was a lot younger. About 11 or so I think (IIRC) when he joined (about 2003/4), I haven't seen or heard anything from him for a long time. He was here until around 2005/6, maybe longer, but I left for while when I was busy with university and work (+ lost my internet connection for several months), by the time I came back he'd left. As have many others.

I'm 31 and joined in 2006. This was the first coin forum I joined and remains one of my favourites.