British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Nice to see dealers selling a lot of new stock with the Colin Cooke and Dave Craddock lists out yesterday.

Must be hard to aquire so many new coins all the time :)

42 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Nice to see dealers selling a lot of new stock with the Colin Cooke and Dave Craddock lists out yesterday.

Indeed, I've just a bagged a nice group of Victorian, Georgian etc threepences which will be a decent upgrade for my existing ones.

27 minutes ago, DaveG38 said:

Indeed, I've just a bagged a nice group of Victorian, Georgian etc threepences which will be a decent upgrade for my existing ones.

:)

Dave, nice to know I have company on the 3ds. I got four Vicks (surprise!) myself.

11 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

Pete, does Dave send his e mail lists later? I haven't had mine yet. 

9 hours ago, VickySilver said:

Dave, nice to know I have company on the 3ds. I got four Vicks (surprise!) myself.

I've always maintained a collection of 3d's. I've never really bothered over much about them, but as part of my upgrade drive, I've been improving my examples as far as I can. I've also dived into the 1820's specimens as well as gap filling in the earlier years. I'm not sure why I have never given much thought to them, but I'm on the task now, as I think they deserve to be better represented in my collection. The latest Colin Cooke list just pushed me into a splurge - now there's an old-fashioned term!

9 hours ago, VickySilver said:

I also collect 3d one of my favorite coins. Finding it hard to find decent grades between 1902 and 1910 though. 

• Like 1

Good Eddies of any type can seriously empty your wallet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Good Eddies of any type can seriously empty your wallet.

They are difficult that's for sure. How would people rate this low tide halfpenny?

1902_hp_low_tide_01_cgs_60_uin_36786_650

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

Mike, I had to contact him and ask for the list. I was on his mailing list but did not get this latest one. 

12 hours ago, 1949threepence said:

I just assumed they were all sent out at the same time,although i tend to give him a ring every couple of weeks :)

Mainly as i dont go to shows all the dealers i keep in touch with that i buy off atleast once a month,Dave more so as he always seems to have more pennies :)

Just spoke to Dave if you have not got the list had a few problems with some connections coming back.

Anyway if your after anything PHONE him as he is in :lol:

Alternatively send your email and ask for a regular list :)

Be lucky.

Pete.

5 hours ago, IanB said:

Mike, I had to contact him and ask for the list. I was on his mailing list but did not get this latest one. 

3 hours ago, PWA 1967 said:

I just assumed they were all sent out at the same time,although i tend to give him a ring every couple of weeks :)

Mainly as i dont go to shows all the dealers i keep in touch with that i buy off atleast once a month,Dave more so as he always seems to have more pennies :)

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

Just spoke to Dave if you have not got the list had a few problems with some connections coming back.

Anyway if your after anything PHONE him as he is in :lol:

Alternatively send your email and ask for a regular list :)

Be lucky.

Pete.

Cheers gents :) 

12 hours ago, Paulus said:

They are difficult that's for sure. How would people rate this low tide halfpenny?

GEF/aUNC 

On 07/12/2016 at 1:10 AM, Paulus said:

Between EF and EF+ based on trident-holding fingers

On 06/12/2016 at 10:34 PM, UPINSMOKE said:

I also collect 3d one of my favorite coins. Finding it hard to find decent grades between 1902 and 1910 though. 

This is my best. Weak

1902%20TP_zpsccshrxy1.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leo said:

This is my best. Weak

1902%20TP_zpsccshrxy1.jpg

I really do like this, especially with the light toning.:) Can I ask what happened to the edge at 8 oclock that's the only negative that would bother me.

Just now, UPINSMOKE said:

I really do like this, especially with the light toning.:) Can I ask what happened to the edge at 8 oclock that's the only negative that would bother me.

Cheers! Well it was quite a modest purchase in a popular online second-hand portal; the owner rated it as BU, rather optimistic... <_<

That bumpy bit in the rim looks like a broken or defect die to me.

Be careful with the 1902 3d's, they could be Maundy and could be proofs that you are viewing, which may or may not tick your boxes!

1902_3d_maundy_02_01_1000.jpg

Maundy Matt Proof 3d (I think!) :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leo said:

Between EF and EF+ based on trident-holding fingers

Only EF for me, but that will do for a variety low-tide type example :) 

On 07/12/2016 at 1:10 AM, Paulus said:

I'd give it better than EF based on the wear to the hair. The fingers are a red herring on these as the die became filled. You see as many with rounded (but not flattened) fingers as you do struck up ones.

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

I'd give it better than EF based on the wear to the hair. The fingers are a red herring on these as the die became filled. You see as many with rounded (but not flattened) fingers as you do struck up ones.

Thanks Rob, a perfect example of where my grading would let me down when buying or selling such an example. I think I got lucky with this one!

Just plough through past listings on LC. Some are obviously early strikes, others not. Mine has filled fingers and was previously in a CGS80 slab. No wear to the hair though.

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

Just plough through past listings on LC. Some are obviously early strikes, others not. Mine has filled fingers and was previously in a CGS80 slab. No wear to the hair though.

Thanks Rob ;)