British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

On 14 August 2016 at 2:54 AM, Paulus said:

I agree but reluctant to name and shame in case of repercussions to be honest! Just one bad experience, and not too expensive, but it was enough! Mine was just a low value coin, a G3 graded as EF that was more like nVF, an early mistake.

NVF to EF is a hell of a long way in terms of grading and in price terms also. A very poor dealer if that's the case and one that should be struck off your list of places to look.

Its something I don't understand about some people, if you want repeat business then surely you grade a lot more accurately than that, they're only shooting themselves in the foot for a 1 time sale....

On 15 August 2016 at 1:30 PM, mhcoins said:

The outer Rim look worn as does the milled edge. Also there looks like damage just beneath the last A in Gratia. Portrait looks ok however from my experience the coinage of G IV was very well made. For the £20 you paid you cant go wrong. I'd value the coin at around £100. 

Again as a comparison here my EF 1825 Halfcrown - Ex Slaney Collection

1825-halfcrown.jpg

He said he paid only £20 more than £125 for the 2nd GVF that was uploaded by Michael roo Alan, so £145 plus postage I'm assuming

Again as a comparison here is my 1826 half crown, bought at Spink auction last September and described as EF, which I agree with

1826_hc_03_spink_sept_2015_lot_860_cgs_6

• Like 2

On 18/08/2016 at 11:43 PM, Paulus said:

Again as a comparison here is my 1826 half crown, bought at Spink auction last September and described as EF, which I agree with

1826_hc_03_spink_sept_2015_lot_860_cgs_6

Looks much better than EF