British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sword

CGS "membership" Fee

DNW offer free slabbing to anyone putting their coins into their Auctions.....personally I have always done well with selling certain slabbed  coins as apposed to them being in the  raw...particularly high grade G4 and W4  sovs and Victorian silver for some reason...copper / bronze less so....my experience any way.

(Although I guess its difficult  to say without selling an identical raw coin in the same sale and comparing the results) 

As an aside, has anyone ever managed to get through the gatekeepers and actually speak to Steve at LC ? 

Also, I suspect that Bill Pugsley will make a move at some point and actually buy CGS.....you heard it here first !

26 minutes ago, Colin88 said:

As an aside, has anyone ever managed to get through the gatekeepers and actually speak to Steve at LC ? 

Also, I suspect that Bill Pugsley will make a move at some point and actually buy CGS.....you heard it here first !

Not me! I was wanting to auction some coins there a couple of years ago , and Michael Freeman suggested I should talk to Steve directly about including my coins in a upcoming auction. I sent a 2 paragraph note to Steve, personally, and received a one sentence reply from Semra Ceten, lacking any real detail about what I was asking. Instead I sent the coins to Heritage, though I thought I would have a better audience for the coins at London.

4 hours ago, RLC35 said:

Not me! I was wanting to auction some coins there a couple of years ago , and Michael Freeman suggested I should talk to Steve directly about including my coins in a upcoming auction. I sent a 2 paragraph note to Steve, personally, and received a one sentence reply from Semra Ceten, lacking any real detail about what I was asking. Instead I sent the coins to Heritage, though I thought I would have a better audience for the coins at London.

When i think of Semra and her telephone/email manners i usually think of a pitbull chewing a wasp, god knows how she got into customer services

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Colin88 said:

Bill would be an excellent choice, overhauling the staff should be his priority  :ph34r:

• Like 1

To be fair to LCA/CGS I spoke to Semra today about the coins I sent in nearly 4 weeks ago as I had recieved no update bar 'we have them' and a UIN that I couldnt asign to my collection and she was helpful. She sorted the UIN issue there and then and told me to expect things to move forward next week now that the June auction was done with.

1 hour ago, Nonmortuus said:

To be fair to LCA/CGS I spoke to Semra today about the coins I sent in nearly 4 weeks ago as I had recieved no update bar 'we have them' and a UIN that I couldnt asign to my collection and she was helpful. She sorted the UIN issue there and then and told me to expect things to move forward next week now that the June auction was done with.

Ah, she was at the Midland, so a captive audience and in a crowd, now if it had a been a phone call or email :D

43 minutes ago, Nonmortuus said:

Good to hear that! At least they are honouring the old fees in your case.

"Third party grading" means an "independent" grading company even according to the LCA website. CGS is dependent on LCA for just about everything from availability of graders, personnel, premises and Semra ... CGS has now even removed the contact telephone number from their website. I guess it really doesn't matter to me anymore since I won't be paying their "elite" membership fee and so won't be able to use them again.

So now it won't let me look at the collections through the league table, anyone know what's up with that?

10 minutes ago, Nordle11 said:

So now it won't let me look at the collections through the league table, anyone know what's up with that?

Might be for two reasons to stop people selling and using there site .......secondly people being nosey :P

And surely if they didn't want people looking through their website then The links to  collections, valuations, grading etc wouldn't be made avaliable at all. Sounds like she's Building a useful website for elite members only......

SHE be polite azda its SEMRA :wub:

More to do with not selling on the site and abusing the privelege when it was free and using the cgs site to your advantage as a seller.

I.E. if you had some cgs coins to sell .....i dont think you have :)

You could before logged your coins as....AZDA for sale @co.uk or whatever....maybe ...maybe thats a reason...i dont have a clue.

All the other services ...sure you dont want to....you can access.

Not a big deal either way a coins a coin :)

Hey, I was just thinking (and keeping the late, great Prince), maybe her flip side is really fun - aka - SMF, and needs to be approached that way (the "M" stands for Mother!).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VickySilver said:

Hey, I was just thinking (and keeping the late, great Prince), maybe her flip side is really fun - aka - SMF, and needs to be approached that way (the "M" stands for Mother!).

Hey if that keeps you happy all the better :D

Not really sure what your on about ...but HAT OFF :blink:

1 hour ago, PWA 1967 said:

SHE be polite azda its SEMRA :wub:

More to do with not selling on the site and abusing the privelege when it was free and using the cgs site to your advantage as a seller.

I.E. if you had some cgs coins to sell .....i dont think you have :)

You could before logged your coins as....AZDA for sale @co.uk or whatever....maybe ...maybe thats a reason...i dont have a clue.

All the other services ...sure you dont want to....you can access.

Not a big deal either way a coins a coin :)

Bur surely if people want to trade/sell their CGS graded coins then that would be entirely up to the individual, i'm not sure how they'd approach an individual on the CGS site as the username doesn't really give a contact address or email address visible to other users.

Vicky, step back from the Whisky bottle :lol:

Yes but will leave it with you.

I have only tried to explain,not trying any harder.

Its up to the individual but not to sell through some one else website.

PLEASE READ AGAIN ...I just use my website as my  table name.

And now for my input..........

I have only used CGS once, and would never use them again after they TOOLED my Gothic Crown

After not receiving any replies on my complaint , I tried the CGS forum and ended up have a long drawn out email trail with Bill P.

Bill states he has nothing to do with CGS, which I find strange as he has replied to one of my emails from a CGS email account

On the matter of the 499. This sounds like a trick a company uses before it folds, you would have trouble getting your money back

Roll on the death of CGS (Just my thoughts)

Its a shame they TOOLED your gothic crown.

Bill though is sound and didnt have to even answer your mails in fairness to him.....a nice guy.

All a bit of fun :)

Hey, I just got a bottle of Chivas as a gift! (What does Semra look like?)......OK, ignore that.

• Like 1

Drink it ALL before you get to meet her...........

Under new management :o

On 6/15/2016 at 1:45 PM, jacinbox said:

I have a court case against CGS coming up soon  , what happens now ?

I have emailed Bill P to find out who has purchased the company