British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Gary1000

Bits for sale

Chris or anyone, I seem to have put this in the wrong section. Feel free to move it.

Well I had a toss up between the Gouby X and another coin that's finishing around the same time, they should finish around the same price, but if people know about the Gouby X on here then I'll pass haha :lol:

I still want an unattributed one anyway!

Well I had a toss up between the Gouby X and another coin that's finishing around the same time, they should finish around the same price, but if people know about the Gouby X on here then I'll pass haha :lol:

I still want an unattributed one anyway!

It's a variety so nothing to worry about from this forum. ;)

Haha for sure :)

Chris or anyone, I seem to have put this in the wrong section. Feel free to move it.

Done.

:D

Edited by TomGoodheart

I like that 1902 crown , may have to have a go for that one....

Jeeze, just 50 quid for the Gouby X? I'm gutted Gary, I tried to bid with a minute left and it said that 'Postage hasn't been specified for your country' and it wouldn't let me bid.

That 1911 would be mine right now!! :(

Just topped £100 for an open 3, that's about right, good sale there.

Jeeze, just 50 quid for the Gouby X? I'm gutted Gary, I tried to bid with a minute left and it said that 'Postage hasn't been specified for your country' and it wouldn't let me bid.

Shame to didn't bid but it's going to a good home, I think £50 is about right for that grade. Lost a lot on the 1902 crown.

• Like 1

Well that's good, a little solace then.

How much did the 1902 go for in the end then?

Well that's good, a little solace then.

How much did the 1902 go for in the end then?

£106, I think I paid about £180 for it about 5 years ago. The 3 1911 maundy coins also went for their opening bids. I was after the case when I bought them, it's just made the case a bit on the expensive side. Strangly all have gone overseas. I get the impression that unless it's something special ebay prices are quite deflated at present.

Too much material and only 24 hours in a day. I lost the will to live a few years ago.

Too much material and only 24 hours in a day. I lost the will to live a few years ago.

Yes I gave up doing a daily search about 2 years ago. Whilst it was about 80,000 it wasn't too bad but now it's around 115-120,000 it's just another 40,000 pieces of dross to look through. If you could get everyone to list correctly it wouldn't be so bad.

One of the reasons I enjoy collecting only one denomination, although there's a lot a dross there's only about 200-500 new listings per day (plus I exclude a lot of crap in the search itself).

10 or 12 years ago it was only a few thousand. Still had the same number of decent pieces or possibly even more. That's 100000 extra lumps of s***e. :(

Nordle. The same thing happened to me on the 1903, open 3. When I bid, I was told that the seller didn't accept bids outside of the UK.

That's the risk we take sniping listings I guess :P Next time I'll stick a quid on it to see if I can actually bid first haha.

The 1903 open penny i may of lifted the price as bid £103 expecting to get it cheaper.

The gouby x IMO was a good buy at £50 ish i have seen a lot worse.

Might of guessed looking it was bought by a forum member.

Makes me wonder why more coins are not listed on here or is that not allowed ?.

• Like 1

Yeah you can list stuff on here, but the audience is quite small compared to ebay. Plus you can list on ebay and then tell everyone on here anyway, just like Gary did haha. Best of both worlds.

Or you can give members first option at a price you would be happy with. That's how Peck got his open 3 from me, Danz got his 1867 3rd head shilling, as did a few others find a new home.

I've also sold a Couple on here privately, more recently too Stewie and Paulus. I have more, hammered and milled.

Edited by azda