British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

DaveG38

New Book - 20thC Bronze Varieties

Hi all,

Some of you may recall about a year ago, I was threatening to produce a book on 20C varieties, mainly because I was getting confused in my advancing years by the plethora of descriptors used by different sources for different varieties. Well, the first part of the job is done and the book covering bronze varieties is ready. Its 142 pages long, has 139 B&W illustrations and I believe I have covered pretty much all the varieties of bronze that are currently known, including some decimal. However, as soon as I say his, somebody is bound to find a new one or one I have missed!!

The book is available from me at £6.99 plus £2.50 P&P or you can take your chances on eBay as I have started selling them on there. If anybody is interested then please get in touch with me, Dave Groom via email at ukc801988231@btconnect.com asking for a copy of the book entitled 'The Identification of British 20th Century Bronze Coin Varieties'.

If you want some ideas or views about the book before committing to buy then both Gary D and Clive at HistoricCoinage have copies and can give you an (I hope) unbiased opinion or recommendation.

That's it - please help support my bid to become a numismatic author!

DaveG38

Dave,

How much is "slow boat" shipping to the USA?

Sounds great and very useful.

Email sent. :)

I saw Gary D's copy the other week and I'd like one too! How much is postage to Germany?

I also noticed that it doesn't have an ISBN (as far as I could tell). Which probably means that it won't be available on Amazon etc? Did you publish it yourself, is it Print on Demand or did you have quite a few done initially?

Perhaps I could help you promote it and sell it somehow.

Dave,

How much is "slow boat" shipping to the USA?

Hi RLC35

Royal mail quote £3.00 for surface mail to the US and £4.50 for air mail. Both costs include postage/packaging etc.

DaveG38

I saw Gary D's copy the other week and I'd like one too! How much is postage to Germany?

I also noticed that it doesn't have an ISBN (as far as I could tell). Which probably means that it won't be available on Amazon etc? Did you publish it yourself, is it Print on Demand or did you have quite a few done initially?

Perhaps I could help you promote it and sell it somehow.

Hi Chris,

According to Royal Mail, airmail to Germany, including postage and packaging would be £3.00. Surface mail would also be £3.00 so I think its a no-brainer.

Yes, I have published this myself, using a print on demand service. I do also have an ISBN for the book but the problem with this and Amazon is that the print-on-demand company charge such a lot for postage for a single order (even through Amazon) that its cheaper for me to buy say 20 or 30 at a time and sell them on myself. The P&P charges for a single item from Amazon or the printer would be £4.50 to the purchaser on top of the book's retail price, whereas when I buy them myself, I only pay the print costs (with small profit to the printer) plus a small increase over the cost of printing of about 25p for postage. Thus to buy from Amazon the total cost to a buyer would be around £14.50 each (including p&P) whereas I can do the same deal for about £9.50. Hence, its cheaper all round if I take on the job of distributor. Hope this makes sense!

If you want one then by all means let me know. And if you like it and can see a way to market them further then I am sure could come to an arrangement, although there isn't much profit on an individual book!!

I've had the book for a couple of weeks now and it gets the big thumbs-up from me. Great book Dave, I would recommend to everyone.

Gary

Understood. Yes, please send me one for £3.00 postage.

Here's an idea how we can get it on Amazon (which is really one place every book should be):

I'll give it an ISBN and enter it onto the National book database (or is it already there?). It would then be listed as a 'Rotographic' title and I can put it on rotographic.com and mention it's a joint production. Then I simply produce barcode stickers, send them to you and you can stick then neatly on the backs of the books. Amazon should then order some - hopefully dozens - and you can send them from there to Gardners books (the main wholesaler that Amazon work with) with stickers on so they can process them and start selling them as an Amazon stocked title. I'll also ensure they have the cover art displayed on the website.

What do the costs work out per book with POD? You can email me that if you like.

I received my copy today.

I've only had a chance to have a quick flick through but it looks great. I will enjoy looking over it in more detail later.

Thanks once again Dave.

might have to buy one of these, bronze is usualy the best category to collect price wise, i'll wait until after my holidays though.

I would certainly recommend this book to anyone interested in the area of collecting as it offers an exceptionally useful guide to identifying the plethora of varieties out there. All in all a great book, well done Dave! :D

Hi Dave

I have sent you an e-mail requesting details of how to order a copy.

Thanks

Mark

Edited by Mark Sarul

Hi Dave, I also requested shipping costs to the USA. My email is RLC35@aol.com. Just send the total price including shipping, and I will send you the amount from PayPal.

Bob C.