Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Recommended Posts

Posted
4 minutes ago, absence of uniformity said:

This 1865 is on ebay listed as square colons.

 

CC.png

Yes thats one of mine i like putting things on ebay to get people to look at the site if im trying to raise money for the charity 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, absence of uniformity said:

heres another not on ebay. Just found a third also. so not including your coins thats 3 in 10mins.

SQC_optimized_500.png

That's good so we know there are 6 then so far.  It took me 3 years to find them on ebay but I never think to look in other places for any coins except ebay.  

Edited by DrLarry
I have found it much easier to find a dozen or so 65 /3s although the second type with the small three is less common I've only found 3 or 4
Posted
1 hour ago, absence of uniformity said:

heres another not on ebay. Just found a third also. so not including your coins thats 3 in 10mins.

SQC_optimized_500.png

I suppose there will always be an initial flurry once the information is known.  The reason for discussing it is to try to estimate the numbers to work out the rarity 

Posted
5 minutes ago, DrLarry said:

I suppose there will always be an initial flurry once the information is known.  The reason for discussing it is to try to estimate the numbers to work out the rarity 

A quick small random sample of 12 coins, and instantly find 3 examples, I think itis fair to assume the surviving population is actually quite high. A 25% frequency out of such a small sample suggests this wasnt a rare occurrence from a single pair of die imo which is not worth much 😉

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...