Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

HistoricCoinage

Coin Dealer
  • Posts

    1,771
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Everything posted by HistoricCoinage

  1. Already done. I have messaged him detailing the issue and I know that others have. The fact that he doesn't reply or edit the description says a lot about his character, unless he's genuinely not at his computer...
  2. But this private seller wouldn't have a leg to stand on as it'd be them guilty of misrepresentation or breach of contract as the item isn't as described. So, in this case, it doesn't matter whether private or business - he'd still have to accept the return or go to court himself.
  3. Yes, technically. It's a binding contract and so you're legally obliged to pay. However, it's also a distance contract, which means that you will have seven working days to cancel. So it's highly unlikely any court action will occur as it would just be wasting the seller's money on fees.
  4. Easiest way is to copy and paste from somewhere like this: http://russian.typeit.org/
  5. But you'd need two people for that.
  6. I can assure you it's not me, guvnor. P.S. But maybe someone we know. Or maybe not. It might not be any of us. It might not even be anyone.
  7. Cough. Cough.
  8. I buy a coin and if it comes with any such details, then I'll note them. I don't buy slabbed grades or names. But having provenance on coins going well back into the 1700s is an added bonus!
  9. Apologies, Richard. If it's any consolation I can often remember where I've bought something...
  10. I very rarely record where I've got a coin from. I will only record it if from an auction house or notable collector/dealer, the only other thing that comes into play is a findspot and whether it's published in the BNJ, the Numismatic Chronicle or, more likely, on the EMC.
  11. I'm not sure I see the resemblance.
  12. Ah, you've got Dave's problem too - the AyePhone.
  13. Is that a specifically Jewish sylloge...?
  14. One of my favourites is: "Which size shirt are you? My friend saw you buying a large, but I thought you were a medium."
  15. I've been laughing at the trending hashtag on Twitter tonight #AskDerekAcorah. Such gems include: "Seeing as you are an expert on the spirit world, can you tell me how much absinthe is in Tescos please." & "If a ghost looks wonky do you have to use a spirit level?"
  16. This is so confusing... 1248-50 but actually 20th century...
  17. That's great news! What sorts of coins have piqued your interest this time around?
  18. Unfortunately this is a very modern and poor quality replica. Sorry that this probably isn't the news you were hoping for Hayley.
  19. Looks to be Henry V if anything.
  20. Very rare Henry IV penny... Very rare alright! Not many lack that much detail on the obverse...
  21. Penny collector, but only hammered silver ones.
  22. The rare 'double beard' variety.
×
×
  • Create New...