British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

brg5658

Let's See Your Copper Coins, Tokens, Or Medals!

An upgrade of the perhaps most common variation of the Walsall tokens issued by Joseph Parker.
The reverse besides being week (slightly sunken die), shows a striking similarity to the tokens issued by the Bank of England. Clearly more than a coincidence since the die-sinker had an extra income engraving counterfeit dies...
109_and_walsall_zps23827c67.jpg

Warwickshire/Kempsons halfpenny, c. 1795 (D&H 218)

1790s_Kempsons_Warwickshire_DH218_NGC_MS

What I like about your collection BRG is the consistency of tone and quality...were these all acquired from the same old collection, or have you sourced them individually?

What I like about your collection BRG is the consistency of tone and quality...were these all acquired from the same old collection, or have you sourced them individually?

One...by one....by one...slowly but surely. :)

One...by one....by one...slowly but surely. :)

Good work! Really looks as though they've lived side by side for centuries! :)

1790_Middlesex_Pidcocks_DH414_NGC_MS64BN

I wonder if the die sinker/checker was sacked for that spelling mistake? Edited by Nick

The spelling error was fixed in the next issue. The DH-414 has the error, the DH-415 has exhibition spelled correctly. :) I think the error makes the token all the more charming.

Lovely coin and photo!

It reminds me of this (which was spelt correctly on the reverse).

Penny%20Model%20F803%20OBV%20500x500.jpg

You beat me to it! That one instantly sprang to mind for me as well!

Edward VIII issue, with a hole, and from the Heaton mint...too many "oddities" not to purchase it. ;)

1936_BritishEastAfrica_10Cent_PCGS_MS65B

1936_BritishEastAfrica_10Cent_PCGS_MS65B

Very nice! And the only way to get cheap Edward VIII coins. Interesting that it's dated 1936 : some UK coins were already issued dated 1936 for George V, but he died early in the year. UK GV 1936 continued to be issued post-mortem while Edw VIII designs were being prepared and proofs struck. Then there was the Abdication crisis, so all through that GV coins dated 1936 continued to be struck. Then late '36 (early '37?) George VI takes over, and in the rush to mint new coins, most of Edward's designs are lifted lock stock and flipping barrel, including the new brass 3d. The portrait too was hardly touched.

That whole 12 months from early 1936 to early 1937, must be a numismatic treasure trove. You could write a whole book on it! (No. I'm not..)

the GV E Africa 10 cents is the scarce one for 1936

1936 GV 500,000

1936 E8 2,000,000

1936H E8 2,500,000

1936KN E8 2,500,000

I guess everybody else has had a shot at divergence:

the OP title reminds me of a chant from the New Orleans Mardi Gras - "show us your t-ts"!

967122.jpg

have a 1902 penny in a similar colouration

976362.jpg

Those both look very nice scott. What's the date on the Vicky?

I guess everybody else has had a shot at divergence:

the OP title reminds me of a chant from the New Orleans Mardi Gras - "show us your t-ts"!

We're waiting...

the viccy is 1901

I spent an absolute age tracking down a truly UNC 1901 farthing! I still haven't got the full denomination set in UNC (Florin anyone?)!

01Pfennig1874A_zpsee847928.jpg

A tiny bronze (94% Cu, 4% Sn & 1% Zn) coin coin with 17.50 mm diameter and a weight of 2.00 gr.

Germany 1 Pfennig 1874 A (Berlin) Jaeger No. 1

Uncleaned, scanned with a resolution of 3,200 dpi and finally saved with a resolution of 600 dpi. The coin was inside a coin frame during scanning process. Condition vf to xf, what is above average for that coin type. Usually you find coins with the small imperial eagle extensively worn. That particular Pfennig in principle remained legal tender until 1942.

Multiple die cracks. That happend quite often with small diameter coins.

the viccy is 1901

I spent an absolute age tracking down a truly UNC 1901 farthing! I still haven't got the full denomination set in UNC (Florin anyone?)!

The larger 1901 silver isn't as easy as you might think.

1794 Suffolk/Blything, D&H 19

1794_Suffolk_Blything_DH19_NGC_MS66RB_ob

1794_Suffolk_Blything_DH19_NGC_MS66RB_re

Great coin and a beautiful part of East Suffolk (anywhere in Suffolk is nice outside Ipswich,Lowestoft and Haverhill ;) )

(I'm a West Suffolk lad)

Great coin and a beautiful part of East Suffolk (anywhere in Suffolk is nice outside Ipswich,Lowestoft and Haverhill ;) )

(I'm a West Suffolk lad)

I'm actually from over the border in the posh part of Essex. Just come to Haverhill to see if I could find the hub caps off me motor. Been here 15 years now and still haven't found them :(