British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

Can't see half the shield. Must be a very scarce coin for £450 in that condition

I'd to know what he has in mind as his lowest offer? What a coin! :rolleyes:

I guess to make my above sentence 'grammatically' correct, the iFault kindly removed the word 'like' for me? Thanks iFault, it reads so much better now! Grrrr!

Its now at £450, it was £600 when i posted the ebay number. I offered him £25 but thank god he rejected it

. I offered him £25 but thank god he rejected it

:D

Haven't seen this one before!

It's obvious, but another date to be cautious with, especially when accompanied by a poor set of images.

Cheap coin with 90 mins to go. Being sold by Alan from MHCOINS. 27 watchers, so it may still rise

Edited by azda

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1888-QUEEN-VICTORIA-BRONZE-BUN-HEAD-PENNY-UNC-PROOFLIKE-/111675093795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1a005ab323

proof (like) UNC supposedly

Beats me someone with such good feedback can call a coin with cuts on the cheek and verd at the lettering UNC and prooflike.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1888-QUEEN-VICTORIA-BRONZE-BUN-HEAD-PENNY-UNC-PROOFLIKE-/111675093795?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1a005ab323

Beats me someone with such good feedback can call a coin with cuts on the cheek and verd at the lettering UNC and prooflike.

Lol, you obviously don't know Mr Platt

:D

Dave's soulmate B)

Lol, you obviously don't know Mr Platt

Half tempted to send him this (http://www.atlasnumismatics.org/1015220.jpg) as ref to what prooflike should be and this (http://www.atlasnumismatics.org/1017218.jpg) for bronze proof. However considering he might be guilty of deliberate misrepresentation I fail to see the point.

Edited by Prax

"Might be guilty"? Mr P 9 times out of 10 generally is guilty of overgrading and a spot of cleaning. A lot of the silver looks lifeless due to dipping for far too long.

You should go through this thread, you'll see his name mentioned quite a lot

• Like 2

If you look closely, you can still see some threads on the coin from its last clean

• Like 1

He is also promoting this on Facebook, stating it is 'close to uncirculated' ... he definitely DOES know better!

link

Edited by Paulus

He is also promoting this on Facebook, stating it is 'close to uncirculated' ... he definitely DOES know better!

link

'Choice uncirculated' are the words he uses! Now I think it probably is quite a high grade, especially when looking at the rims but, that ain't no shimmering lustred tone to support the grade, that's a manky old lustre-less tone, with verd and ugliness abounding!

Not a coin being sold by an honourable man, no doubt about that!

The man himself

post-5057-0-29089000-1432162862_thumb.jp

Lol, i'm not gonna say much. How's your CGS coins coming along Paul? Mine was at finalising grade yesterday and now pending attribution today. No pictures of it on their website