Jump to content
The British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi , I came across this £2 William Shakespeare coin. Looked like a rare one I seen online. The silver centre is not actually in the centre.

seeing the prices they sell for. I certainly had a dell boy moment. Next year I will be a millionaire.

looking for your advice and expertise on this coin please!image.thumb.jpg.3c8347ae9d108a627c92953aedbe06db.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.3c8347ae9d108a627c92953aedbe06db.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.cd972650b419a3594b66dbc158b94a9e.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.cd972650b419a3594b66dbc158b94a9e.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.57397bf4f985e00652377f57bfe1eefa.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.e0c2d31f8c0e806a10766d3ca2127cb9.jpg

image.jpg

Posted

Not rare, so how many would you like? Value, £2 face but little if any in a premium given the 2 black marks on the reverse and numerous obverse bagmarks. Somebody desperate for an example might pay £3, but not likely.

Posted

When I had a market stall 5 years ago, this one seemed to be the least common of the Shakespeare series and commanded a slight premium in top condition (£4-5). I suspect a batch has recently come out of the Royal Mint's back log of £2 coins as a number have turned up in change.

 

Posted

If I get it in change, I would likely put it aside with the other "less common" two pounds and 50p coins. But I wouldn't give anything over face value.

  • Chris Perkins changed the title to Shakespeare 2016 £2 coin
Posted
On 9/27/2026 at 5:37 PM, Paddy said:

When I had a market stall 5 years ago, this one seemed to be the least common of the Shakespeare series and commanded a slight premium in top condition (£4-5). I suspect a batch has recently come out of the Royal Mint's back log of £2 coins as a number have turned up in change.

 

Have you given up your market stall? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...