British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Definitely not wrong, been stung a few times like that when the picture is tilted!

12 minutes ago, cathrine said:

Here's a nice looking 1860/59 specimen that's just been listed on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1860-59-GREAT-BRITAIN-COPPER-PENNY-NGC-AU-58-BN-/152235059863?hash=item2371eaaa97:g:QgQAAOSwsB9WBIKd#shpCntId

If you're interested, note that the seller has a 30 day return for a full refund.

CP186059 - Obverse.jpg

CP186059 = Reverse.jpg

May not post to United Kingdom Read item description or contact sellerfor postage options. | See details 

Item location:
Bay Shore, New York, United States

Posts to: 
United States

The shipping details seem like a minor consideration for a coin of this value. If the seller will not ship at his cost from the US to the UK, he's not serious about marketing his offering.If you're serious about acquiring this specimen, you will negotiate some mutually satisfactory terms.

• Like 1

If anyone wants one and perhaps wants to compare with another Colin Cooke have one for sale .

Its on the cover of the new list next week.

Edited by PWA 1967

39 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

Its on the cover of the new list next week.

Who are you Pete? :huh:

How come you get first crack at EVERYTHING? :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrbadexample said:

They put a preview of the list on Twitter

1 hour ago, cathrine said:

The shipping details seem like a minor consideration for a coin of this value. If the seller will not ship at his cost from the US to the UK, he's not serious about marketing his offering.If you're serious about acquiring this specimen, you will negotiate some mutually satisfactory terms.

It's a bit weird anyway. If you look at the seller's other items they are flagged up as follows:-

"$18.40 International Priority Shipping to United Kingdom via the Global Shipping program" 

So it's a bit of a mystery why this particular coin should be causing a problem, unless it's something to do with the high price and the insurance. The only option is to contact the vendor directly and ask what the issue is.   

1 hour ago, mrbadexample said:

The early bird etc, I'm pleased Pete doesn't collect silver (yet!)  

If they use the global shipping programme then be aware of the huge import charges eBay charge on those items, at a guess this would cost another $350 just for the import alone

A nice surprise earlier today, thought I'd do a quick check on the newly listed and this was the newest listing -

1.png

£3.25 BIN with free postage to Spain, bonus!

• Like 4

Wow a very nice find.

Thanks Jac. I've just been told that this seller sometimes re-uses photos, so we shall see what actually turns up

3 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

Thanks Jac. I've just been told that this seller sometimes re-uses photos, so we shall see what actually turns up

Hope not, but I had a run in with him a while back for a dodgy description, he blocked my attempt to buy this one today. Fingers crossed for you

23 minutes ago, davidrj said:

Hope not, but I had a run in with him a while back for a dodgy description, he blocked my attempt to buy this one today. Fingers crossed for you

Jesus, blink and you'll miss it. I think it had had 3 or 4 views on the counter when I bought it, you must've searched just as it was listed!

I'll report back when it gets here, sorry he blocked you're attempt :( 

5 hours ago, Nordle11 said:

A nice surprise earlier today, thought I'd do a quick check on the newly listed and this was the newest listing -

1.png

That is a beauty matt. Well spotted.

• Like 1

On 15/9/2016 at 4:01 PM, Nordle11 said:

1.png

Well I already knew this wasn't turning up as I'd been told it's already in another member's hands :D alas I received a normal 1946 this morning.

At least it's in a good home-

2 hours ago, secret santa said:

That's naughty - name that duplicitous dealer Matt !

For duplicitous read fraudulent, yes, name and shame!

Good your keeping a smile Matt i would of been pissed off.

As i mentioned to you i bought one for a £1 you can see it on compleated listings and was sent a normal one.

However not anywere near as good as yours.

The red light was from memory he had sold the same coin and used the same picture a couple of days before.

Tough call, Matt. I agree with the others, name and shame this bounder.  

Or report him to eBay.  That'll have him quaking in his boots.

I am not sure its done deliberately Mike as we are only talking a couple of pound.

Its just they cant be bothered taking pictures of every coin so just use the same one.

Hundreds of dealers on ebay listing 1961-67 pennies as just keep selling them.

9 minutes ago, PWA 1967 said:

I am not sure its done deliberately Mike as we are only talking a couple of pound.

Its just they cant be bothered taking pictures of every coin so just use the same one.

Hundreds of dealers on ebay listing 1961-67 pennies as just keep selling them.

It probably isn't, Pete, but it is careless and ultimately a misrepresentation of fact. Above all it's irritating - however, as it's such a tiny amount of money, no harm done. I was half joking about naming the seller, that's why I used the old fashioned term "bounder".