British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

brg5658

Let's See Your Copper Coins, Tokens, Or Medals!

I was harsh in describing them as scrap.

Everyone starts somewhere :)

Maybe a trip to a coin fair and search some of the dealers bargain tins.

I was harsh in describing them as scrap.

Everyone starts somewhere :)

Maybe a trip to a coin fair and search some of the dealers bargain tins.

Its all right, that why I like it one here as everyone comments are honest ( as far as you can tell in writing)

Princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (Sophia Charlotte; 19 May 1744 – 17 November 1818) was the wife of King George III. She was Queen of Great Britain and Ireland from their marriage until the union of the two kingdoms in 1801, after which she was Queen of the United Kingdom.

She was the first Black Queen of England.

Charlotte was the eighth child of the Prince of Mirow, Germany, Charles Louis Frederick, and his wife, Elisabeth Albertina of Saxe-Hildburghausen. In 1752, when she was eight years old, Sophie Charlotte's father died. As princess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Sophie Charlotte was descended directly from an African branch of the Portuguese Royal House, Margarita de Castro y Sousa. Six different lines can be traced from Princess Sophie Charlotte back to Margarita de Castro y Sousa. She married George III of England on September 8, 1761, at the Chapel Royal in St James’s Palace, London, at the age of 17 years of age becoming the Queen of England and Ireland.

Well I never knew that!

Edit: according to Wiki, any African ancestry is unproven

Edited by Paulus

Princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (Sophia Charlotte; 19 May 1744 – 17 November 1818) was the wife of King George III. She was Queen of Great Britain and Ireland from their marriage until the union of the two kingdoms in 1801, after which she was Queen of the United Kingdom.
She was the first Black Queen of England.
Charlotte was the eighth child of the Prince of Mirow, Germany, Charles Louis Frederick, and his wife, Elisabeth Albertina of Saxe-Hildburghausen. In 1752, when she was eight years old, Sophie Charlotte's father died. As princess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Sophie Charlotte was descended directly from an African branch of the Portuguese Royal House, Margarita de Castro y Sousa. Six different lines can be traced from Princess Sophie Charlotte back to Margarita de Castro y Sousa. She married George III of England on September 8, 1761, at the Chapel Royal in St James’s Palace, London, at the age of 17 years of age becoming the Queen of England and Ireland.
Well I never knew that!
Edit: according to Wiki, any African ancestry is unproven

According to Dr Lucy Worsley's series on The First Hanoverians, Queen Caroline wife of George II was some lady - witty, up-to-date with science and the arts, surrounded herself with like-minded people, held salons, had a hand in eliminating smallpox .. yet her husband was a git of the first water apparently. And the original Sophie - mother of stuffy old George I, and who would have been Queen after Anne if she hadn't inconveniently died - was a similar sort of person. Yet history remembers only George George George and fat George.

Love the Horrible History song on the 4 Georges!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtYmq5qFVA

I haven't forgotten Paulus it is Mrs Peters cleaning skills that leave me dead in the water.

I found a couple of boxes in the loft which were my latest purchases (not yet logged in)....The dining room (my coin room) is all over the place.

Bluddy wimmin.

No worries Pedro! Sounds like you might be acquiring some newer coins soon too!!

I'm working on releasing funds from dead savings accounts.I will then be able to compete.

I really have a taste for chasing a few quality pieces that Mrs Peter has agreed I can.

Love the Horrible History song on the 4 Georges!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtYmq5qFVA

Classic! Love the boy band take off :D

A new token for my collection.

Cheers,

-Brandon

1796_Somerset24_composite_with_auction_t

• Like 1

Two more I picked up for a song.

1797_Angus_Dundee_DH5_Penny_NGC_AU58BN_c

1793_Staffordshire_Halfpenny_DH10_NGC_AU

Nice tokens Brandon, I like the second one.

They give an insight into another time.

have some as well...

HalfPenny1844_zps40566dcf.jpg

• Like 1

Kroumlnung1911_zps67723c95.jpg

Kroumlnung1937_zps4dd74d78.jpg

have some as well...

HalfPenny1844_zps40566dcf.jpg

Great quality Canadian provincial. These are actually pretty hard to find in good condition like yours. There was such a shortage of copper in the 1840-1850s that most of these are worn down nearly bare. Very nice example!

thumbsup_zps52187152.gif

That is the best example I have in my collection. A fellow collector and friend of mine (he is Canadian and lives in Ontario) gave me that one. :)

here are some more Canadian items. It is quite difficult to obtain and furthermore to preserve high grade Bronze/copper coins...

Cent1906_zpse4ecf53f.jpg

Cent1900H_zpsb342c216.jpg

1026176.jpg

988881.jpg

Scott, The U.S. Penny looks like a VDB! It is hard to see , with the dark picture, though.

1 Heller 1901 from Austria

1Heller1901_zps91535a03.jpg

ok, this is ridiculous, was looking for a coin, and stumbled across one of my 1862 halfpennies, I had for a while, Didn't have magnification at the time i got this.

1018788.jpg

1026535.jpg