British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Hi.

Please can somebody post a close-up image of the overdate if they have an example.

Thanks.

Ask John Stephenson, i think he has one

Interesting that there should be an overdate at this late stage in the bronze series, when - if you study Freeman - there was a great stability from the early 1880s onwards. The 1893 farthing also has a few variations. It makes me wonder, was the original plan to bring the OH in for bronze at the same time as gold and silver? It would make more sense, as having a 'staggered' introduction of the bronze redesign is a bit odd to say the least, especially when you think it perpetuated the young bun head to an absurd degree. Perhaps the OH bronze design was postponed through pressure of timescales, then they would have had to bring in proper dies for 1893 and 1894.

You should have email Rob.

Thanks John.

I think I've just had an unexpected bonus. :)

Thanks John.

I think I've just had an unexpected bonus. :)

Come on Rob spill the beans.

I suppose you got it in a job lot for a fiver. :)

More than likely Peter, money goes to money as they say ;)

Sorry chaps, not lucky enough to get it for a fiver, but it is unc.

But its 3/2?

But its 3/2?

Yes.

But its 3/2?

Yes.

I have a spare 20 quid :rolleyes:

21.01 i gots :P

i wish to see one of these as well. so i can look out for them.

Edited by scott

21.01 i gots :P

+10% on top from me.

I don't even collect pennies but I will throw £30 at it B)

Back off boys lol 31 quid :ph34r:

Back off boys lol 31 quid :ph34r:

Typical, always the rich that get the goods.

Just bring it to the club on Monday Rob, and I'll take it off your hands

rolleyes.gif

It's probably so hard to spot that I can easily convince myself I don't want it. B):P;)

It's probably so hard to spot

Oh in that case £45 :D

It's probably so hard to spot

Oh in that case £45 :D

This is getting like ebay, £45.01

Of course, you do all realise that I will shill your bids and win by that all important penny. :D

Actually, it will go in time because I bought it for resale and for the decent obverse strike which tends not to be a feature of later YH bronze. I only gave the reverse a cursory check, but, c'est la vie.

Of course, you do all realise that I will shill your bids and win by that all important penny. :D

Actually, it will go in time because I bought it for resale and for the decent obverse strike which tends not to be a feature of later YH bronze. I only gave the reverse a cursory check, but, c'est la vie.

Dear Ebay police, this letter is to tell you that accumulator, ColinG and Azda are all the same person and are shill bidding on a penny coin owned by Rob.

Right, now their taken care of - £5.

Dear Ebay police, this letter is to tell you that accumulator, ColinG and Azda are all the same person and are shill bidding on a penny coin owned by Rob.

Dear Gollum,

Unfortunately, whilst it states in our official rules that people bidding under different usernames is forbidden, we dont actually give a flying duck as at the end of the day, the higher the price, the more we make on our scandalous charges - especially on PayPal! As such, I'm afraid that the bid stands at £45.01 with Azda.

However, this sounds "A* UbEr-RAR, Specil Edtion All Coletors MUST HAVE - Way beter than AUNC+++++!" so I'll bid £45.015 :P

Yours,

eBay Police

Dear Gollum,

Unfortunately, whilst it states in our official rules that people bidding under different usernames is forbidden, we dont actually give a flying duck as at the end of the day, the higher the price, the more we make on our scandalous charges - especially on PayPal! As such, I'm afraid that the bid stands at £45.01 with Azda.

However, this sounds "A* UbEr-RAR, Specil Edtion All Coletors MUST HAVE - Way beter than AUNC+++++!" so I'll bid £45.015 :P

Yours,

eBay Police

Bugger it. ( slopes of head down )