British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

kuhli

Ebay's Worst Offerings

But that was 3 hours and 4 or 5 posts between Peck's last visit and your reply. Still doesn't make sense unless you wrote it but didn't reply for a few hours..

LOL I've replied to the last post in a thread before this ... only to then find out it was only the last post on that page and my reply makes no sense half a page on! An easy mistake ...

But that was 3 hours and 4 or 5 posts between Peck's last visit and your reply. Still doesn't make sense unless you wrote it but didn't reply for a few hours..

LOL I've replied to the last post in a thread before this ... only to then find out it was only the last post on that page and my reply makes no sense half a page on! An easy mistake ...
Also, for whatever reason, when I responded to Peck's reply, it was actually the last post showing on my refreshed page! All the other posts somehow dropped in between mine and Peck's posts...who knows what's going on, I've experienced it a lot of times?

The only solution would be to multi-quote on every occasion but, for an off the cuff remark like mine, it didn't seem worth quoting half a page of text just to add it? ;)

If you know what I mean? :)

Edit: just fully understood your post, TG...yes, I do that all the time too! :)

Edited by Coinery

I've replied to a post that was over a year old thinking it was just a few days old. Senile or what :D

I see that fake shilling went for £170+ Scandalous.

$_57.JPG

And what's the betting some of these end up going for daft prices in a year or so?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anglo-Saxon-Coenwulf-Silver-Penny-Coin-/331219463173?pt=UK_Coins_BritishHammered_RL&hash=item4d1e37ec05

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 1

I see that fake shilling went for £170+ Scandalous.

$_57.JPG

And what's the betting some of these end up going for daft prices in a year or so?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anglo-Saxon-Coenwulf-Silver-Penny-Coin-/331219463173?pt=UK_Coins_BritishHammered_RL&hash=item4d1e37ec05

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I got around £30 for mine :(http://www.predecimal.com/forum/topic/7161-interesting-elizabeth-i-fake-shilling/?fromsearch=1

Sold as a job lot of 3, including the H8 and E1 fake groats! So, basically a tenner each! Grrr!

Edit: Looking back, it would be worth contact such sellers with a photo of an equivalent coin, and say I'd like a £100 for it! They might get their fingers burnt with greed, as I'd be surprised to see them achieve the same price twice! ;)

Edited by Coinery

Sounds like it might be 'well done Clive'?

I wonder who bought that (or not as the case might be) then Clive

Starting to wish this was a Members Only section...

I wonder who bought that (or not as the case might be) then Clive

Starting to wish this was a Members Only section...

Good job it wasn't you, then! You're all miles off the mark!
  • Like 1

I've no idea what we're talking about :)

C'mon, please! 151310748742

So, there you have it...a piece of £20 silver delivered for £117...bargain!

Paulus' link (thanks, by the way!) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151310748742?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D151310748742%26_rdc%3D1

And this is why ebay is such a mess. 58 bids is a joke, and this does'nt trigger anything within ebay Edited by azda

Yet that bidder has a pathetic feedback score of only 90% - how is that possible? No-one is going to be mad enough to give their own shiller(s) a negative feedback, surely?

Yet that bidder has a pathetic feedback score of only 90% - how is that possible? No-one is going to be mad enough to give their own shiller(s) a negative feedback, surely?

They key to this shiller's success is that they don't seem to win the item - and so they're at risk of a negative as much as a normal seller.

Edited by HistoricCoinage

They key to this shiller's success is that they don't seem to win the item - and so they're at risk of a negative as much as a normal seller.

Yes, but 90% is really really low. They couldn't be left that by their 'owner', so who's leaving such a bad feedback score?

Yes, but 90% is really really low. They couldn't be left that by their 'owner', so who's leaving such a bad feedback score?

Hopefully those that realise he's a shiller and sells fake coins.

90% with a feedback of 19 is only 2 negs. It doesn't take a lot to get negs as a seller. I got one for sending a reminder as the person hadn't paid a month after it ended. Nothing undiplomatic, just a standard invoice from eBay, Easily done.

Or how about everything good and then leave a neutral. :blink:

I got one for sending a reminder as the person hadn't paid a month after it ended. Nothing undiplomatic, just a standard invoice from eBay, Easily done.

Or how about everything good and then leave a neutral. :blink:

And right there is what is wrong with the ebay feedback system, its an absolute joke

"Quite rare and very collectible"

Well, the first part's true - I've never seen such a tatty specimen before :D not even in my change at the pub on a Friday night..

Don't see many of these in my change, is it for real, opinions please?

link

Edited by Paulus

Don't see many of these in my change, is it for real, opinions please?

link

Not convinced it is silver given the colouration in the image. They are so rare you wouldn't likely find one looking like that - i.e. lots of circulation marks and all surfaces looking polished. FDC it ain't. Anyone with a silver cartwheel 2d is going to know what they have. The images aren't good enough to establish the finer detail, but without the blocked stops seen on the proofs it doesn't tick any boxes for a P1071 or 1072 and frankly the condition gives it away as does the literacy level. If Azda could plumb the following into the Ayephone's random translation service, perhaps we could have a more coherent piece of prose.

EXTEMELY SCARCE & RARE

1797 SILVER PROOF FDC.

CARTWHEEL TWOPENCE IN UNC.

WILL BE IN HIGH DEMANED FOR TOO

Ta.