British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

Sign in to follow this  
Chris roxaboo

1934 wreath crown

One of these I reckon Chris:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/great-britain-1934-wreath-crown-copy-coins/117636_1905360743.html

Compare the hole and flaw at the top of poor Georgie's head ..

Untitled.jpg

Edited by TomGoodheart
  • Like 1

Also dot above B of BRITT...

While I'm no expert, it's too much like the Aliexpress one for my liking I'm afraid ..

There's a genuine one up for sale in the next LCA auction if you want one for a direct comparison. 4th from last coin I think.

29 minutes ago, Chris roxaboo said:

Thank you everyone. What are the going rate for a real one of these now day's ?

1934 specifically or Wreath crowns generally Chris?

http://www.coinarchives.com/w/results.php?search=george+v+wreath+crown&s=0&upcoming=0&results=100

Edited by TomGoodheart

IMO, fake!!  

Real ones in uncirculated still bring about 4k quid, sometimes more & sometimes less.

I have all the others so it's just a genuine 1934. This is the second fake one I've dealt with. Luckly I have not paid for it yet and obviously won't. 

1 hour ago, Chris roxaboo said:

I have all the others so it's just a genuine 1934. This is the second fake one I've dealt with. Luckly I have not paid for it yet and obviously won't. 

Would be nice to know where or WHO is trying to sell You this. Genuine ones Are selling around £3.5k. 

Edited by azda