British Coin Forum - Predecimal.com

50 Years of RotographicCoinpublications.com A Rotographic Imprint. Price guide reference book publishers since 1959. Lots of books on coins, banknotes and medals. Please visit and like Coin Publications on Facebook for offers and updates.

Coin Publications on Facebook

Rotographic    

The current range of books. Click the image above to see them on Amazon (printed and Kindle format). More info on coinpublications.com

predecimal.comPredecimal.com. One of the most popular websites on British pre-decimal coins, with hundreds of coins for sale, advice for beginners and interesting information.

InforaPenny

New forum member - pre-decimal bronze

I'm a new forum member and my primary collecting interest is pre-decimal British and Australian bronze with a focus on varieties. While bun pennies are probably my favorite coins, I also like the halfpennies and farthings, and my collection runs up to the changeover to decimal. I started with the pennies by date, then variety, and as this became more difficult, turned to the corresponding Commonwealth coinage (Australian, South African, New Zealand, Irish, Jersey, etc.). Of these only the Australian displayed the complexity of the British, with a substantial number of different die pairing varieties. I've also been working on halfpennies by variety the last few years (more challenging than the pennies in my opinion) and to a lessor extent on the farthings

I'm a new forum member and my primary collecting interest is pre-decimal British and Australian bronze with a focus on varieties. While bun pennies are probably my favorite coins, I also like the halfpennies and farthings, and my collection runs up to the changeover to decimal. I started with the pennies by date, then variety, and as this became more difficult, turned to the corresponding Commonwealth coinage (Australian, South African, New Zealand, Irish, Jersey, etc.). Of these only the Australian displayed the complexity of the British, with a substantial number of different die pairing varieties. I've also been working on halfpennies by variety the last few years (more challenging than the pennies in my opinion) and to a lessor extent on the farthings

Welcome aboard, I have collected predecimal pennies for years, and my favourites are the Aussies by far, there are so many varieties, mints etc. that it makes for a great series, even if it only ran for 52 years. I bought up a hoard of predecimal pennies from Australia several years ago, have found several varieties and earlys like the 1912's and 1914's etc.

Nice to have you aboard. I also collect Australian Pennies/ Half Pennies. I do not have that many varieties though. I have the 4 1953 varieties, including the L5D3, and the 1933/2.

Bob C.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome.